The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the stock tires work for you?

I did it with the stock tires too. The truck did fine.

If I can score them cheap enough, I'm going to pick up a set of Blizzaks for this winter. I think I can get them for ~$150/tire.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would a recommended minimum tread depth be for tires on these runs?

I'd say the more the better, personally I wouldn't run anything with less than 75% tread life left. The less tread, the less ability to dig IMO.

This year I'm on Maxxis Trepador's so we'll see if they chew up the ice & snow as well as they do rocks and dirt.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this will be my first Snoball and I am very protective over her, if she gets knocked up because of inadaquate protection I would expect some help with extraction and or delivery. It sounds like there is going to plenty of help avaiable.. Raptor birth control = good rubbers

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this will be my first Snoball and I am very protective over her, if she gets knocked up because of inadaquate protection I would expect some help with extraction and or delivery. It sounds like there is going to plenty of help avaiable.. Raptor birth control = good rubbers

Just mind the trees and over correction in the snow. There was some cab damage this year from some tree impacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just mind the trees and over correction in the snow. There was some cab damage this year from some tree impacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

There wasn't any over correction... there was stomp on the gas and rotate so the back end went in first rather than the front. Once the back caught the bank I suddenly had traction and stayed in it with the thought of driving out and that's when I found the buried stumps. It went downhill (literally) from there into the trees.
Mark