The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Rig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just picked my Dads Raptor up on Thursday and that Price increase was mentioned and the manager came in and took it off in the form of a rebate, so I think a Good dealership handles that, as my 2011 Raptor had a price increase happen to and they took it off :)

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you sign your order, the VOC and DORA both state that the price is subject to increase before you receive the vehicle and take delivery. Personally, I think that's ********, unless they actually changed something on the truck requiring the price to go up. If it just went up because they think they can do it, that's wrong. You want to jack up the price, do it on the next model year.

I agree, we should be tied in with the price agreed on the day you placed the order. A few hundred dollars is not a big deal, but it's the principle of it.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

We just picked my Dads Raptor up on Thursday and that Price increase was mentioned and the manager came in and took it off in the form of a rebate, so I think a Good dealership handles that, as my 2011 Raptor had a price increase happen to and they took it off :)

It should be that way for everyone. Especially if the dealer ever wants a return customer.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for chiming in.
I agree about to an agreed price at the time.
BigRig...your dealership is great that they took care of you......on that...

Sucks about the increase.........

Tech Papa

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller

I wanted to state my experience with ordering a Raptor and comment on the price increase.
Ordered from a second Ford dealership i visited in South Carolina on March 31, 2013. Its a Tux Black SuperCrew, 801A, sunroof, beadlock, step, front & rear, and accent blue seats.
I have obtained a VIN and do see it was "born on" April 30, 2013. Expected ETA between 3/15 and 3/22.
I too have had a slight price increase between the order and getting a VIN and sticker. If you notice on the build sheet it states clearly ***this is not an invoice***.
I am glad to see as i have no bill of sale yet that build sheet does seem to be your "golden ticket" and it does reference my last name on it.

Is my order date to ETA short? Seems so from some on this list, but looks like some ordered way before they were actually being produced.

This is my second factory ordered car. The one I am in now was a 2009 JCW Mini Clubman and had a blast tracking it (with great help from my Mini sales rep) from order, to build, to the boat they put it on. Learned so much on how the car was transported on the ocean on the ships and how you were hoping it would not be damaged or delayed trying to outrun a hurricane in the Atlantic. I also found it interesting that your car could be damaged in transit, fixed at the entry point, and delivered to you as brand new. You wanted to make sure that from the time it was offloaded to the time it was on the truck was short and assumed no damaged happened.
It took me three months to order get the Mini.

I have benefited from reading all the post and am as excited as the rest to get the truck delivered and SOLD to me.

Excited, but still have very little hard facts as to how long it takes to come from MI to SC after it is built.
Jeff

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEERAPTOR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I looked at my DORA (i think that is what it is)...Look above.
it shows the original invoice price discussed invoice 50035.77
It shows my name on the DORA. However I never signed any document...This whole transaction was done on the phone....

Am I $hit out of luck? Or Can I hold the dealer to the Original price quoted (invoice 50035.77) ?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the increase is only $300 - $400, I will just bite the bullet and pay it, it's really out of the dealer control, increase by Ford. It's a couple tanks of gas...