The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To keep the tuxedo black fresh, make sure you clay, polish, seal, and wax the paint as soon as you get it. I'll be spending a lot of time doing that my first weekend with my new truck!

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To keep the tuxedo black fresh, make sure you clay, polish, seal, and wax the paint as soon as you get it. I'll be spending a lot of time doing that my first weekend with my new truck!

I have a black A4 and that's what I do and it looks amazing right after It's done....I just can't do that once a week or even once a month so after a few weeks in the sun any drop of water that lands on it burns in and any touch of the body causes dust scratches......get's very annoying.....

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a black A4 and that's what I do and it looks amazing right after It's done....I just can't do that once a week or even once a month so after a few weeks in the sun any drop of water that lands on it burns in and any touch of the body causes dust scratches......get's very annoying.....

With a solid sealant...it should last for 3-6 months. Wash once a week. Wax once a month or every 2 months.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Get a cover from California car cover. There not cheap, but you be amazed how nice the paint will stay. Put it on at night, only takes about a minute. Their best cover is very thin, and folds up small. But 100% water and dust proof. I was told the moisture at night that combines with pollution on the paint is what screws up your paint.

And wash yourself. Even the best car washes eventually ruin you paint.

Last edited:

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a cover from California car cover. There not cheap, but you be amazed how nice the paint will stay. Put it on at night, only takes about a minute. Their best cover is very thin, and folds up small. But 100% water and dust proof. I was told the moisture at night that combines with pollution on the paint is what screws up your paint.

All very good advice if I end up with black but I plan on keeping her for 10+ years so I'm willing to wait a bit longer for white which isn't as sensitive at keeping clean.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not possible to fix the color once the window sticker is produced. I know 2 guys who ordered Black and then discovered on their window sticker that it was silver. Ford investigated this error and found it was an honest mistake and produced 2 new trucks with a priority 1 and the customers only had to wait 1 additional week. The dealer still received the 2 silvers trucks (to sell on the lot) so they were happy.

Blood (or anyone else that isn't guessing),

What are the chances of "fixing" the color (assuming it's an svt error) once the window sticker is made?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And wash yourself. Even the best car washes eventually ruin you paint.

California Car Cover is the best car cover IMO. I haven't seen any others come close. I use the StormWeave cover.

They are family owned and are in the Valley (Chatsworth or Canoga Park). I have used their covers for years. They back their covers with a warranty (up to 4 years i believe).

Cost a little bit more but you can see and feel the quality of the cover.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California Car Cover is the best car cover IMO. I haven't seen any others come close. I use the StormWeave cover.

They are family owned and are in the Valley (Chatsworth or Canoga Park). I have used their covers for years. They back their covers with a warranty (up to 4 years i believe).

Cost a little bit more but you can see and feel the quality of the cover.

I am going to buy the superweave for my truck, because it will fold up so small, I have stormweave for my other cars, and they work great. I know it's going to be expensive, but all the time it will save in washing a waxing will be worth it in the long run, since it will have to sit outside.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy the superweave for my truck, because it will fold up so small, I have stormweave for my other cars, and they work great. I know it's going to be expensive, but all the time it will save in washing a waxing will be worth it in the long run, since it will have to sit outside.

I agree with RaptorSV bigtime.....
at most when I uncover my car....i get small dust particulates from the car cover.

Take the Car Duster once and over the car....and whoalah!!!!

I can't imagine how much California Car Cover is going to cost for a Truck....
:confused: