The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggiestro

Reaction score
Just ordered my '13 Raptor!!! White Crew 800a with Rear view camera. Dealer wrote up a contract agreement to take my trade in at a value we have already agreed on upon delivery as long as I stay under 10k miles (trading in a '12 F150 Ecoboost KR with 7k current miles...I know I have waffling issues). Anything I should look out for with this kind of agreement? I have another vehicle that I will mostly be driving, I'm just a little worried something will fall through, or dealer will have allotment issues, etc. They just seem too optimistic quoting me 8-10 week delivery. They do seem to be a high volume dealer.

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and Ford's production has increased as many of us are getting our trucks earlier. With that being said, there are still quote of few owners on her that have been waiting 5+ months for their Raps.

If you could tell us your dealership's name, maybe someone can share their experience.

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my '13 Raptor!!! White Crew 800a with Rear view camera. Dealer wrote up a contract agreement to take my trade in at a value we have already agreed on upon delivery as long as I stay under 10k miles (trading in a '12 F150 Ecoboost KR with 7k current miles...I know I have waffling issues). Anything I should look out for with this kind of agreement? I have another vehicle that I will mostly be driving, I'm just a little worried something will fall through, or dealer will have allotment issues, etc. They just seem too optimistic quoting me 8-10 week delivery. They do seem to be a high volume dealer.

I'm making an assumption here but I would assume your dealer would place your order at a relatively higher priority, maybe even the highest they can do from a dealer perspective. I say this because they are probably hoping to make as much money off your trade as possible and the longer you're driving the trade-in around the more miles it will have, and the less money they'll likley get selling it.

I'm in the same situation with my dealer.. I'm trading in my pickup and I got the feeling they wanted to get the Raptor ordered and delivered ASAP so they could get the trade-in ready for sale... Just my $.02...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers can request whatever priority they want but Ford really decides when your truck will be built. If dealers could truly get a Raptor when they wanted one then they would want one pronto. Because the earlier they get one, the sooner they could sell it to make money.

I'm making an assumption here but I would assume your dealer would place your order at a relatively higher priority, maybe even the highest they can do from a dealer perspective. I say this because they are probably hoping to make as much money off your trade as possible and the longer you're driving the trade-in around the more miles it will have, and the less money they'll likley get selling it.

I'm in the same situation with my dealer.. I'm trading in my pickup and I got the feeling they wanted to get the Raptor ordered and delivered ASAP so they could get the trade-in ready for sale... Just my $.02...

Last edited:

Big Rig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my 2011' I racked on a ton of miles on my truck I traded in and my dealership wasnt happy, Same thing with waiting for my 13'...Dealerships dont have that much control over how fast the order comes in..priority #'s are just feel good #'s they put down to make them feel like they have some control...lol

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers can request whatever priority they want but Ford really decides when your truck will be built. If dealers could truly get a Raptor when they wanted one then they would want one pronto. Because the earlier they get one, the sooner they could sell it to make money.

I thought that a dealer could place a priority with "their" orders. In that if they want 10 trucks built, they could place one of the order at a higher priority so it has a better chance of being built before the other 9 orders they made.... That's what I was referring to, not necessiarly the priority when compared to all Ford orders coming in.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We normally avoid bugging blood for at least a month or more. You can call Ford SVT 1-800-367-3788.

Just called this number today and was surprised by how nice they were to deal with. Best news of all, my '13 is in production and a VIN has been issued! I just sold my 2010 Raptor last weekend so I'm even more anxious to have the new one arrive!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that a dealer could place a priority with "their" orders. In that if they want 10 trucks built, they could place one of the order at a higher priority so it has a better chance of being built before the other 9 orders they made.... That's what I was referring to, not necessiarly the priority when compared to all Ford orders coming in.

correct!

Big Rig

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gotcha.

Bigcheesehead

Reaction score
Ordered a Flame Blue SCREW 801A, roof, (64A) bead locks), Blue accent...ect.. on 12/4/2012. Still NO build date assigned. Regional rep to told salesman bead locks are holding builds that have on the order.

Dealer# F41561

Order# E12H

Order priority: 10

Called SVT today. Was told "Build unscheduled".... rep told salesperson, "we don't know when they will have the bead locks. waiting on supplier"..... Grrrrrrrrr