The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
isn't MPG higher - like 17/23 from that one placard at a recent show?

Window sticker said 17/23. But I highly, highly,highly, doubt it'll be at 17 city, 23 HWY. But we'll see. In one of Mike Levines interviews with the truck the MPG computer flashed the current MPG. It was a combined average and I don't remember over how many miles, but it was like 15.1 or something. So....

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Window sticker said 17/23. But I highly, highly,highly, doubt it'll be at 17 city, 23 HWY. But we'll see. In one of Mike Levines interviews with the truck the MPG computer flashed the current MPG. It was a combined average and I don't remember over how many miles, but it was like 15.1 or something. So....

Because everyone driving the 2nd gen is doing highway miles? LOL

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, I will be driving more paved vs. non-paved, mileage is not a concern for me only a potential bonus to the deal. They demanded, We complied, they gave us money, we built roads...I'll have plenty of opportunities for off-road as well, just not majority. I suspect that I'm not in too small a group either?

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

15.1 is actually pretty good for a demo truck that is doing a lot of idling, guys putting their foot to the floor to feel the power, etc.

I am optimistic that 17/23 is the real number. Present '16 4x4 F150 is already 16/22 before the 2nd gen 3.5 and the 10 speed transmission which should give the 2017 a big jump. Raptor is only marginally worse on weight and aero.

For reference, back in '14 the Raptor was rated 11/16 and the '14 4x4 V8 F150 was rated at 12/16. Neither previous gen truck was designed when CAFE targets were a big concern.

Also generally speaking it would have been a real strange screwup by marketing department, going out of their way to list a figure when everything else has been silent.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Stuff! Any ideas on how well the Gen 2 Raptor will hold it's resale value?

Anyone's guess at this point ... Probably have to wait until late 2017 to 2018. Wait and see A) how hard it is to order/buy one at or under MSRP B) Until used ones start popping up

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know one thing, its gonna sink like a rock once ford announces the v8 option :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

F150 offers the 5.0 V8, from what I read, EB v6 was the #1 seller for the F150. Even if Ford offers a V8 for the raptor, I wonder how many people will go for the V8 vs the EB V6. Will raptor buyers follow the trend of F150 buyers? I know the hardcore offroad guys might go for the V8, but I also read that only about 5% of people with raptors are hardcore offroad guys. Will that mean the other 95% of raptor buyers will follow the EB trend? I don't know, but I bet Ford is doing alot research on the market before they invest to develop a new motor.