The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the terrain management work? Is it electric or magnetic dampeners. Doesn't seem like they would do that to fox 3.0 shox. Or is it just shift points and transmission wizardry.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but how does it work?! I have to know everything so I can be disappointed when I get mine and can start obsessing over what's next.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Yeah but how does it work?! I have to know everything so I can be disappointed when I get mine and can start obsessing over what's next.

I don't know how it breaks down each different mode, but it doesn't do anything to the shocks. It changes things with the electronics. So for certain modes, it changes shift points/parameters, more responsive steering (sport/on road), alters traction control nannies/ABS (Mud/sand), turns off auto stop start feature (Baja, rock, ect), assists with applying power to the correct wheel(s)/maximizing the new transfer case the best it can given the mode and conditions, and more. It doesn't change shock dampening or anything like that. More just things the truck can change about the computers. Like I said, I don't know everything it changes nor do I know what changes happen in the different modes (beyond the stop/start delete on Baja and Rock Crawl modes). But you get the idea.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one is fighting it, we just want to see for ourselves. We have seen the hype of the Gen 1 and the issues that have come up. We were where you are now. Then the trucks came out and things like frames, transmissions and 4wd systems came to bite us in the ass. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one has seen or driven a new one to see if these are still issues. Now we are looking at a $70,000 with no confidence these issues won't be present on the new one. It's not being "butthurt", it's just not wanting to go through the whole process again.

I still haven't decided if I'll get a Gen 2 but if I do I'll be keeping my Gen 1. I think the Gen 2 will be a great truck for driving around town but it's almost double what I've paid for any of my Gen 1s. There's a lot of nice rides for $70,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is very well said and great food for thought. I have been looking for a replacement vehicle for well over a year. I am at a point I can't really wait anymore so it came down to this truck or a cpo s6. In the end the want for something different and utility of the truck won out. The appearance, tech and supposed performance make it look like a winner but I obviously have no idea what it will be like to live with. My leap of faith is somewhat mitigated by the fact I need a replacement vehicle sooner than later. If this was not the case I would consider your words very closely and would probably wait until the dust settled a bit.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will be okay. Im hopeful anyway. Chevy and Ford have to be confident in this 10 speed tranny (my only real concern) as Ford is using it with this more extreme vehicle and bowtie is offering it in the upcoming zl1 (640 hp) optional 10 speed auto (chevy's version of course) Im ready to start testing....!

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
The factory will pump out a few units for testing and once some of the mags get a hold of them (if they haven't already) all will be answered. Probably just a few more weeks.