The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F150 offers the 5.0 V8, from what I read, EB v6 was the #1 seller for the F150. Even if Ford offers a V8 for the raptor, I wonder how many people will go for the V8 vs the EB V6. Will raptor buyers follow the trend of F150 buyers? I know the hardcore offroad guys might go for the V8, but I also read that only about 5% of people with raptors are hardcore offroad guys. Will that mean the other 95% of raptor buyers will follow the EB trend? I don't know, but I bet Ford is doing alot research on the market before they invest to develop a new motor.

I agree.. and what others have said with the govt and mandated CAFE numbers. There have been rumored spy shots of an F-150 diesel that I have seen, but not yet confirmed to my knowledge. EVERYONE will eventually be at this point in engines I suspect from what I read anyway...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honesty I like everyone else here have no idea what the resale value of the gen 2 will be. My previous post in this thread was just a joke. But I see it has struck a nerve with some of y'all. Anyway I seriously doubt ford will put a v8 in the new raptor. Ford has sunk too much money into making the ecoboost it's new flagship engine.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

And side note to the newbs around here, don't take everything so seriously lighten up. It's the Internet LOL

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And side note to the newbs around here, don't take everything so seriously lighten up. It's the Internet LOL

Probably the most over-used words on this forum said by butt hurt Gen 1 owners who get all pissy about the Gen 2 because they can't deal with the reality.

Lash out and then tell everyone "it's the internet" - fun stuff around here

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing is that video Wilson posted shows how not to into a new vehicle. He said things that were not accurate and sadly he also sounded very uneducated. With a little rehearsal and forthought I am sure it would have been a better presentation. I am not saying he is stupid just saying poor preparation.

By the way @Wilson is a great guy.

Second thing I am so tired of the use of the phrase "Butt hurt" I can't belive I just typed it. From here on out all Gen 1 fans/haters and all Gen 2 fans/haters are forbidden to use it.

I work marketing new cars for manufacturers and one of the biggest rules is not to speculate or make shit up. I can't wait to actually see, drive and get that first hand experience with the new Raptor. I belive it will be a great truck based on the fact that the first one is a great truck. Shockingly the 2010-2014 is not liked by everyone as some may think.

Outside of this forum the car enthusiast world is very excited about this truck and we have some of those people amongst us I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Probably the most over-used words on this forum said by butt hurt Gen 1 owners who get all pissy about the Gen 2 because they can't deal with the reality.

Lash out and then tell everyone "it's the internet" - fun stuff around here

Butt hurt over what exactly? Hate to tell ya but the majority of posters on this forum have a gen1 that will outperform a gen2 any day of the week...

You've gotta be a pretty simple minded **** who knows nothing about off-roading to think otherwise....

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Butt hurt over what exactly? Hate to tell ya but the majority of posters on this forum have a gen1 that will outperform a gen2 any day of the week...

You've gotta be a pretty simple minded **** who knows nothing about off-roading to think otherwise....

The above is a butthurt statement of denial as it is highly speculative, laced with fear, jealousy, resentment and a thinly veiled guise of self loathing.

My suggestion, if butthurt is to not be used as a term, then Gen I sympathizers should stop acting the part.

We all like these trucks or we wouldn't be here. Some like the new one, others are loyal the the old one. But they're both Raptors so we're really not far apart when you think about it. Tearing into future Gen II owners isn't good for anybody, nor this site.

Gen I guys should be comfortable with the fact that Ford is in it to win it so to speak. They can't rest, which means that each subsequent model of whatever vehicle they make will likely out perform and be more attractive than the model preceding it. Get comfortable with this guys. You're just shooting yourself in the foot by fighting it.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
The above is a butthurt statement of denial as it is highly speculative, laced with fear, jealousy, resentment and self loathing.

My suggestion, if butthurt is to not be used as a term, then Gen I sympathizers should stop acting the part.

We all like these trucks or we wouldn't be here. Some like the new one, others are loyal the the old one. But they're both Raptors so we're really not far apart when you think about it. Tearing into future Gen II owners isn't good for anybody, nor this site.

Gen I guys should be comfortable with the fact that Ford is in it to win it so to speak. They can't rest, which means that each subsequent model of whatever vehicle they make will likely out perform and be more attractive than the model preceding it. Get comfortable with this guys. You're just shooting yourself in the foot by fighting it.

No one is fighting it, we just want to see for ourselves. We have seen the hype of the Gen 1 and the issues that have come up. We were where you are now. Then the trucks came out and things like frames, transmissions and 4wd systems came to bite us in the ass. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one has seen or driven a new one to see if these are still issues. Now we are looking at a $70,000 with no confidence these issues won't be present on the new one. It's not being "butthurt", it's just not wanting to go through the whole process again.

I still haven't decided if I'll get a Gen 2 but if I do I'll be keeping my Gen 1. I think the Gen 2 will be a great truck for driving around town but it's almost double what I've paid for any of my Gen 1s. There's a lot of nice rides for $70,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score

The above is a butthurt statement of denial as it is highly speculative, laced with fear, jealousy, resentment and a thinly veiled guise of self loathing.

This is like watching monkeys fight over which type of apple is better, red or green. Lets keep this thread on topic. This is for new legitimate information regarding the Raptor. Not a **** measuring contest. No one cares.