TFL Finds 2021 Ford Raptor Horsepower and Torque Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m out. I was #3 on my dealer list, called him today and gave up my spot. Not paying that much more for no power bump. Came so close after all of this waiting but I can’t in good conscience give Ford my money at this point. We’ll see what the deal with the R is but I’m anticipating that coming in at over 100K. Enjoy for all those who move forward.
Do you mostly pavement it?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Surprised they didn’t tune in a slightly bigger HP number...but I don’t care. I’m waiting for the R to see what that brings. Until then I will just merrily slum along in my low tech Gen2.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m out. I was #3 on my dealer list, called him today and gave up my spot. Not paying that much more for no power bump. Came so close after all of this waiting but I can’t in good conscience give Ford my money at this point. We’ll see what the deal with the R is but I’m anticipating that coming in at over 100K. Enjoy for all those who move forward.

That seems a little premature. The power numbers are coming from documentation that could be a misprint. Not exactly official word from Ford. And it's not like there you could reasonably expect that the power numbers were going to increase that much to begin with.

Unless you had a deposit you need to get returned or risk loosing it, I'm not sure what you gained by getting out of line right now.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford has no plans to increase power they should at least upgrade the gear set on the 37 trucks to 430s, that would be virtually the same final drive ratio as the current 410s on the 35 trucks

At this point I’m out as well. Blue velour interior + no additional power = no go for me.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford has no plans to increase power they should at least upgrade the gear set on the 37 trucks to 430s, that would be virtually the same final drive ratio as the current 410s on the 35 trucks

At this point I’m out as well. Blue velour interior + no additional power = no go for me.

Sounds like the Raptor R is going to be your Huckleberry.

FarawayUnequaledArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

if you found out the turbos were essentially the same size/type used in the GT, but Ford just left the ECM mapping essentially the same, would you still not be interested? I don't know this for a fact whatsoever, but it is something that has been floated around & wouldn't be entirely out of the ordinary for Ford to toss in some "special" iteration of this engine as it sings its swan song on the way out for more hybrid options.

I guess it depends whether or not you plan to mod......

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard several times elsewhere that it has new turbos and even if the released numbers are correct they show the peak power has moved up in the rpm range which is a good indicator the turbos are breathing better... so your theory sounds about right and would perform even better from tunes and or bolt ons