TFL Finds 2021 Ford Raptor Horsepower and Torque Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coil over rear suspension & updated tech/interior + better performing shocks + dual mode exhaust/better exhaust note + factory 37"s w/o ******** the truck up....those are all pretty big positives to me

The difference in the suspension setup alone is going to amount to a much different driving experience & will be a significant improvement in all aspects - regular driving, flooring it in 2wd on or off pavement, & if you're into heavy modding or alot of offroading its a better setup than leaf springs I'm thinking.....only way I could think it'd be a negative I guess is if you planned on modding a Raptor from the get-go for heavier towing, adding or swapping out leaf springs there's options already out there some very cheap some not so much....but there are options, w/ rear coil springs may not have the aftermarket options right off the bat to improve towing capability

I wanna know what size the turbos are on this truck - I'm still thinking there's a chance they put bigger ones on

I don't understand why they didn't use the powerboost platform w/ a larger displacement V6 & call it a day 550-600hp & 600tq boom done, spread the gap between the regular powerboost & the Raptor-R.............PLUS being that the Raptor is supposed to be a rugged offroad "go anywhere" vehicle, it would stand to reason that hybrid powertrain would be useful w/ the ability to run all kinds of stuff using the truck as a generator.

I'm still interested in upgrading my 2020 Gen2 for a 3.5HO Gen3 w/ 37"s - but I'm going to wait until they're into at least the 2nd if not 3rd model year of this gen

all set w/ a "covid truck"......& I think it's going to be an industry-wide issues, but especially true for vehicles that were in the middle of major redesigns, could be wrong, but my guess I'll be looking like a psychic in a year or so
They needed to hire you cause your comments are on point.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Well, if Gen 3 Raptor owners dont' know that it's not the clear speed champ of the F150 lineup anymore, that's on them. And wait till a Lightning commercial truck beats the Raptor off the line.

Powerboost: 30.6 gallon tank x 24 mpg = 734 mile range
Raptor: 36 gallon tank x 18 mpg = 648 mile range

Real world numbers may be off, but basically, Powerboost only needs to get 2-3 mpg better to equal the range. And of course, you're paying less at the pump too.

It does stand reason that you don't see that 2-3 mpg advantage offroad.
I like your replies. Very well thought out, not dramatic and to the point!

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if Gen 3 Raptor owners dont' know that it's not the clear speed champ of the F150 lineup anymore, that's on them. And wait till a Lightning commercial truck beats the Raptor off the line.

Powerboost: 30.6 gallon tank x 24 mpg = 734 mile range
Raptor: 36 gallon tank x 18 mpg = 648 mile range

Real world numbers may be off, but basically, Powerboost only needs to get 2-3 mpg better to equal the range. And of course, you're paying less at the pump too.

It does stand reason that you don't see that 2-3 mpg advantage offroad.
Your point is well taken. I think TFL tested the new Powerboost and got 21 mpg during real driving. But I suspect for any given driving style, the PB is gonna get more than 3 mpg better than the EB HO.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your point is well taken. I think TFL tested the new Powerboost and got 21 mpg during real driving. But I suspect for any given driving style, the PB is gonna get more than 3 mpg better than the EB HO.

I wonder how much of that mpg is due to aerodynamics on the trucks, since the F150 is slightly better in that department. Put the PB in a Raptor with front skid plate and maybe the advantage is gone?

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh.. one more Gen3 thing to not be excited about.. :/

What I actually want is a Raptor V8, SCab with 37s & Black Recaros.. Is that really too much to ask for?
I would even be cool with a Lightning-Raptor instead of the V8 rumble.
A company that says "We invented this segment" shouldn't stop progressing and should certainly do a better job in connecting with their customers to deliver a product that truly delights..
If a Lightning gets 300mile range, a Lightning-Raptor will probably not be able to cover more than 200miles, Ford need to go back to the drawing board… pronto!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If a Lightning gets 300mile range, a Lightning-Raptor will probably not be able to cover more than 200miles, Ford need to go back to the drawing board… pronto!

Ford hasn't said they have a Lightning-Raptor in the works. Not sure how they would redesign a product they don't have.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT SUCKS!! They're gonna be alot of Gen3 Raptor owners pissed when they get they're doors blown off by an XLT Powerboost, those suckers are FAST. I found out the hard way :owned2: Looks like I'll be hanging on to tha ole Gen2 a little bit longer. I guess Gen3 was built by the guys at
Ford "suspension" Performance
Wait the powerboost is faster than a tuned gen2 Raptor?

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much of that mpg is due to aerodynamics on the trucks, since the F150 is slightly better in that department. Put the PB in a Raptor with front skid plate and maybe the advantage is gone?
That's a fair point. TFL showed that Andrei's XLT with the PB drivetrain actually has a second air dam that lowers when the truck reaches
That's a fair question. IIRC, the 3.5L PB they tested on TFL had an airdam that lowered once the truck reached a certain speed. That's gotta help with aerodynamics, and that also has no place on a Raptor. So I'm sure some of it you can chock up to aero. But my suspicion is that the PB system is the bigger driver, and the aero is only a marginal player. That is also just speculation. I do not know.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should have bumped the HP and TQ for sure. It’s definitely with in reach to do so.

So with this out now, how many guys are going to jump to the new truck?
I’m out. I was #3 on my dealer list, called him today and gave up my spot. Not paying that much more for no power bump. Came so close after all of this waiting but I can’t in good conscience give Ford my money at this point. We’ll see what the deal with the R is but I’m anticipating that coming in at over 100K. Enjoy for all those who move forward.