TFL Finds 2021 Ford Raptor Horsepower and Torque Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was assuming that the 37" tire option would include deeper gearing. You guys think that's incorrect and all Gen 3s will have the same gearing? Or do you think the increased rotating mass will still equal significantly slower acceleration even with deeper gears?

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was assuming that the 37" tire option would include deeper gearing. You guys think that's incorrect and all Gen 3s will have the same gearing? Or do you think the increased rotating mass will still equal significantly slower acceleration even with deeper gears?

From what I remember from the Keep it Dirty Off-Road video, the Ford guys said they have the same gears. The spec sheet that’s out there doesn’t show a 4.30 option.

In terms of the OEM KO2 tires the weight difference is a little over a pound, which isn’t all that matters but it’s something to take into account. The fact that your at full torque sooner isn’t bad either.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh.. one more Gen3 thing to not be excited about.. :/

What I actually want is a Raptor V8, SCab with 37s & Black Recaros.. Is that really too much to ask for?
I would even be cool with a Lightning-Raptor instead of the V8 rumble.
A company that says "We invented this segment" shouldn't stop progressing and should certainly do a better job in connecting with their customers to deliver a product that truly delights..
Hah.... No soup for you!!

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 2 Rap is seriously the best truck I've ever owned... Better truck than my father and Grandpappy has ever owned for that matter!

I will hold out and sit back and watch what happens here.

Reaction score
I’ve heard several times elsewhere that it has new turbos and even if the released numbers are correct they show the peak power has moved up in the rpm range which is a good indicator the turbos are breathing better... so your theory sounds about right and would perform even better from tunes and or bolt ons
Personally I'm not a fan of bolt-ons. I like 'em built for comfort, not speed ( .)(. )

Reaction score
For those expecting higher engine output figures, there are easy and affordable solutions. Shocked this hasn't surfaced yet. There are high performance stickers for the windows or body of your truck, plus other great mods:

-COBB sicker adds at least 10hp.

-SVT Racing windshield sticker? Good for at least 5hp at the wheels.

-Ronin Factory Shorty Antenna, drag reduction upgrade saves 2mpg for sure. Faster off the pavement too. Easy install.

I mean, I could go on.

dvm

Reaction score
Just looking at this from a different angle. Let’s say the information is correct for a 2021.

But what if the raptor gets a MY 2022 designation instead and these numbers aren’t right for that MY.

just a thought.