TFL Finds 2021 Ford Raptor Horsepower and Torque Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you own a 2nd Gen Raptor, the 3rd Gen almost feels like a flop right now. The Raptor R is where I’m focusing any Raptor interest.

From an engine perspective, I totally agree. However that suspension looks to be a major boost. But I suspect it won’t affect dealer pricing. They’ll do their best to have every truck equipped with 37s and give it a $10K markup at the very least.

Also, that lack of power will affect performance with the 37s.

This has pretty much knocked getting a Gen 3 off my future buying plans. Now we know why Ford didn’t reveal engine performance numbers at the Gen3’s initial introduction.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After having seen Ford's media presentations on the general F150, Bronco, Raptor, and Lightning, it's not too hard to see where they think the future is headed. I'm not saying that Ford is giving up on the Raptor, but that it just isn't the priority right now.

And that makes perfect sense from a business perspective to be honest. The Raptor has a good reputation and will continue to sell well. You could argue that the only reason we are even getting a Gen 3 is because it was cheaper to share parts with the current F150 gen. But Ford wants to push more tech and electric features, and they should do that.

I know Ford suggested that a hybrid doesn't make that much sense for a Raptor, but that seems like it has to be the future direction. Looking at the stats above, the powerboost is matching or bettering 3.5TT HO. I would guess the only reason it isn't a hybrid right now is that were not sure the public was ready for a hybrid Raptor, and wanted to give the powerboost and lightning a few years to open people up to the idea.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
After having seen Ford's media presentations on the general F150, Bronco, Raptor, and Lightning, it's not too hard to see where they think the future is headed. I'm not saying that Ford is giving up on the Raptor, but that it just isn't the priority right now.

And that makes perfect sense from a business perspective to be honest. The Raptor has a good reputation and will continue to sell well. You could argue that the only reason we are even getting a Gen 3 is because it was cheaper to share parts with the current F150 gen. But Ford wants to push more tech and electric features, and they should do that.

I know Ford suggested that a hybrid doesn't make that much sense for a Raptor, but that seems like it has to be the future direction. Looking at the stats above, the powerboost is matching or bettering 3.5TT HO. I would guess the only reason it isn't a hybrid right now is that were not sure the public was ready for a hybrid Raptor, and wanted to give the powerboost and lightning a few years to open people up to the idea.

Attachments

• 5btx7z.jpg
    5btx7z.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 33

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with not haven’t a power bump. IMO they made the suspension catch up to the power and if you are getting a Raptor for it’s intended use I would think you would understand that. Who had been off road in their stock Raptor ripping through the dirt and light jumps and thought.... “ I wish I had more power to match this suspension “?? Show of hands....
I don't understand the complaints about the power either. I don't need more power in my truck, but I do want the new suspension, the 37s, Sync 4 and the new screens, and more towing capacity.

In fact, I can't believe anyone actually expected more power in the base Raptor. If you want more power, wait for the Raptor R--that's the whole point of it.

IOW, Ford is actually giving everyone exactly what they want here--those of us that want the improvements without having to pay $90k for a truck will buy the base, and those that demand more power will buy the R.

Why is anyone disappointed here?

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the complaints about the power either. I don't need more power in my truck, but I do want the new suspension, the 37s, Sync 4 and the new screens, and more towing capacity.

In fact, I can't believe anyone actually expected more power in the base Raptor. If you want more power, wait for the Raptor R--that's the whole point of it.

IOW, Ford is actually giving everyone exactly what they want here--those of us that want the improvements without having to pay $90k for a truck will buy the base, and those that demand more power will buy the R.

Aren't we going to lose towing capacity with the new suspension? Linked suspension is going to be much more off-road oriented than a spring set up. But I agree, I'd so much rather maintain the integrity and reliability of the engine than get 25-50 more horsepower that translate to nothing other than a data sheet.

puffyshirt

Reaction score
i do agree that there are plenty of good reasons to upgrade. However, I am disappointed that Ford just keeps messing up rollouts of cool/new enthusiast type products (I have a Bronco reservation). Its not the end of the world if the power isn't increasing, but why not just be honest about it upfront. They seem to play too many cat/mouse games rather than just focusing on good communication to their loyal base.

Josh84

Reaction score

I am happy with the power of my Gen 2 but why the hell can't the power be pushed up a bit for the new gen? Already going to get penalized on 37's. What car manufacturer doesn't raise power on a new generation?