Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm didn't know that one. I'm completely new to offroading, except 4 wheelers, any other good rule of thumbs to go by?

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problem taking you guys out for some rides so you can all feel the difference good suspension mods make.

I just hope everyone has a good time and remembers this is not a race. It will be very important for everybody to pre-run the course and learn their comfort zone. There is no badge of honor in breaking your truck and hurting yourself.

With that said, it's gonna be fun and a great learning experience for the people who don't have much seat time in the dirt.

Just remember the rule of thumb when driving in the dirt. When in doubt, throttle out...

Jarret or Corey,

I would like to ride with the upgraded suspension.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh here's another great idea how about some of those awesome vendors that have been doing this whole racing thing a while teach us newbs how to drive maybe teach us some techniques haha I think a little class would be good nothing long just maybe 30 mins or so then take us on the track and you can show us that would be awesome :waytogo:

I talked to Trey earlier today about a few things. I am cutting #'s out for everyone's truck (Vinyl). No, you can't pick your numbers. They will all be white (I have about 80 yards of white vinyl sitting around). If you have a white truck, they'll go on your rear door windows. The registration website is being worked on and will get up pretty soon. Those of you who register in a timely fashion will be getting your name as well to stick on your truck. I am cutting these to go on the top of the drivers side door. This way, if something does happen it can be radioed back that "truck 32 just hit a buffalo/blew a tire" or whatever. Safety is paramount. As of this moment, we have an Emergency First Responder (me) and a Nurse in attendance. I'll have trauma kit, med kit and medical oxygen. If you need me to play Rescue Diver, I hope you can swim because I am not bringing my SCUBA gear...LOL Anyone else who is an EMT ect should let Trey know ahead of time.

Ninja Edit: Btw..I am nothing more than another attendee like the rest of you. This is Trey's show and I am only helping out as I can.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I talked to Trey earlier today about a few things. I am cutting #'s out for everyone's truck (Vinyl). No, you can't pick your numbers. They will all be white (I have about 80 yards of white vinyl sitting around). If you have a white truck, they'll go on your rear door windows. The registration website is being worked on and will get up pretty soon. Those of you who register in a timely fashion will be getting your name as well to stick on your truck. I am cutting these to go on the top of the drivers side door. This way, if something does happen it can be radioed back that "truck 32 just hit a buffalo/blew a tire" or whatever. Safety is paramount. As of this moment, we have an Emergency First Responder (me) and a Nurse in attendance. I'll have trauma kit, med kit and medical oxygen. If you need me to play Rescue Diver, I hope you can swim because I am not bringing my SCUBA gear...LOL Anyone else who is an EMT ect should let Trey know ahead of time.

Ninja Edit: Btw..I am nothing more than another attendee like the rest of you. This is Trey's show and I am only helping out as I can.

I also have first responder bag in my truck, and I am basic life support, and basic first aid certified.

-Greg

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So when do we need to register to get our name/number? And to do that we just PM or email trey?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

Big thanks for getting the numbers and names out!

There will be an actual registration page going out very soon. I will post it here and there will be a mass email to everyone that has sent me their addresses.

I also have first responder bag in my truck, and I am basic life support, and basic first aid certified.

-Greg

Thanks Greg.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I too carry a trauma kit with me. I will have it there. It's more aimed toward gunshots but wil work. It had compression pads and stuff to stop sucking wounds. I know a lot of you are bringing guns.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too carry a trauma kit with me. I will have it there. It's more aimed toward gunshots but wil work. It had compression pads and stuff to stop sucking wounds. I know a lot of you are bringing guns.

Heh..I would rephrase that to:
I know most of you are bringing guns...

I bet we have an average of 1 gun per attendee.