Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you have a Raptor.

For this track, since its a loop, with cell coverage, and auto parts stores nearby. I don't think you will really need much.

This is what I have for when I goto BAJA, which is a you break your screwed venue.

1. Fire Extinguisher
2. First Aid Kit
3. Tow Strap
4. Extra Spare Tire
4.1 Tire Plug Kit
5. Spare fluids
6. Shovel
7. Lowrance GPS
8. VHF Radio
9. Misc. Spare nuts and bolts
10. Fan Belt
11. Salt Shaker
12. A way to secure everything. (This one is important)

I highly recommend the first 4. A Helmet can never hurt, but I don't think that it will be required. The course will be marked so a GPS wont be required, but it helps to know whats coming up. VHF Radios make it fun to talk to everyone, and helps with calling out stops, etc...

Really all you need is your Raptor, and some wits.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Most HNRs require harnesses to work properly (I Know mine does), and I personally feel that neck rolls can cause more harm than good.

Thanks for the great list!! Some of that stuff I was already planning on getting so that's good. :waytogo:

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you have a Raptor.

For this track, since its a loop, with cell coverage, and auto parts stores nearby. I don't think you will really need much.

This is what I have for when I goto BAJA, which is a you break your screwed venue.

1. Fire Extinguisher
2. First Aid Kit
3. Tow Strap
4. Extra Spare Tire
4.1 Tire Plug Kit
5. Spare fluids
6. Shovel
7. Lowrance GPS
8. VHF Radio
9. Misc. Spare nuts and bolts
10. Fan Belt
11. Salt Shaker
12. A way to secure everything. (This one is important)

I highly recommend the first 4. A Helmet can never hurt, but I don't think that it will be required. The course will be marked so a GPS wont be required, but it helps to know whats coming up. VHF Radios make it fun to talk to everyone, and helps with calling out stops, etc...

Really all you need is your Raptor, and some wits.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Most HNRs require harnesses to work properly (I Know mine does), and I personally feel that neck rolls can cause more harm than good.

I think the first five on this list should be mandatory for any event.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
4.2 A 5er (or 2) Full of Gas
13. Power bars, and junk like that if stranded in the desert.
14. Rear facing dust light.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there are a bunch of race vehicles on the loop the day we are there, I think I will stick with the jeep trails. Dont need to have some buggy give my new daily driver a enima.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.2 A 5er (or 2) Full of Gas
13. Power bars, and junk like that if stranded in the desert.
14. Rear facing dust light.

Yea always carry extra fuel when out in the middle of no where like that. I didn't even think about a rear facing dust light for the Raptor event, maybe not totally necessary for this venue?!?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
If there are a bunch of race vehicles on the loop the day we are there, I think I will stick with the jeep trails. Dont need to have some buggy give my new daily driver a enima.

There will be no race vehicles there this weekend, it is completely reserved for us.

Unless the owners have their Geiser Trophy Trucks out, but they wouldn't run at the same time as us.

Yea always carry extra fuel when out in the middle of no where like that. I didn't even think about a rear facing dust light for the Raptor event, maybe not totally necessary for this venue?!?

Probably not, I've got one that I'll be running, but I think truck lights will be enough.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, I am SSSOOO in on this deal....will be bringing the RV, the RZR, all the toys, and guns too...got some autos to shoot if we can get those Seals and Rangers on board. Anyone here ever shot a fully auto Beowulf? I have one now! And Rick, I'll see your Armalite Lapua with a twin, and raise you a Bushmaster BA50, and a Barrett .50!! WOOHOO!!!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Um, I am SSSOOO in on this deal....will be bringing the RV, the RZR, all the toys, and guns too...got some autos to shoot if we can get those Seals and Rangers on board. Anyone here ever shot a fully auto Beowulf? I have one now! And Rick, I'll see your Armalite Lapua with a twin, and raise you a Bushmaster BA50, and a Barrett .50!! WOOHOO!!!

Let me check on the RZR, They generally don't allow them at the races, but this is a different deal. I know it will be fine in the pit for sure, just not sure about the course. They have had a few bad RZR wrecks. Hospital bad.

BTW I am definitely going to make sure we have a place to shoot, those are some badass firearms yall are talking about.