Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For someone new to this sport, what kind of equipment would be recommend to have for a trip like this? I'd love to go, but I want to be prepared and work that into the total cost of the trip.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to bring my kids (13&14) out and camp for the weekend.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
For someone new to this sport, what kind of equipment would be recommend to have for a trip like this? I'd love to go, but I want to be prepared and work that into the total cost of the trip.

Assuming that you have a Raptor.

For this track, since its a loop, with cell coverage, and auto parts stores nearby. I don't think you will really need much.

This is what I have for when I goto BAJA, which is a you break your screwed venue.

1. Fire Extinguisher
2. First Aid Kit
3. Tow Strap
4. Extra Spare Tire
4.1 Tire Plug Kit
5. Spare fluids
6. Shovel
7. Lowrance GPS
8. VHF Radio
9. Misc. Spare nuts and bolts
10. Fan Belt
11. Salt Shaker
12. A way to secure everything. (This one is important)

I highly recommend the first 4. A Helmet can never hurt, but I don't think that it will be required. The course will be marked so a GPS wont be required, but it helps to know whats coming up. VHF Radios make it fun to talk to everyone, and helps with calling out stops, etc...

Really all you need is your Raptor, and some wits.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Neck brace.

Most HNRs require harnesses to work properly (I Know mine does), and I personally feel that neck rolls can cause more harm than good.