Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read the entire thread, and I am stoked.

I was 85% sure I was going to be able to attend, but after reading this thread, I am going to do everything in my power to make it to this event.

and worse case work wont permit me to make it, I am going to call in sick. I hear that is a bad weekend for "flu" season.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting to collect the items I will need for this trip.

So far I have added to my list
1. Tuff Jug 5 Gal gas can X2
2. Smittybilt 30000 Recovery Strap

I will need to purchase a helmet. Any suggestions?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check pciraceradios.com they have a cheap open

hey treypal which one are you talking about I've been thinking about getting a decent chase style GPS and maybe a radio and im not sure which ones to get and all plus they do get expensive. I'm hoping to get one befor this run in April it's gonna be a blast

Last edited:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
hey treypal which one are you talking about I've been thinking about getting a decent chase style GPS and maybe a radio and im not sure which ones to get and all plus they do get expensive. I'm hoping to get one befor this run in April it's gonna be a blast

The elite 5m or HDS-5 are both good. The 5m comes with an external antenna. But it lacks features like a trip calculator and distance rings. I have the 5M and have been happy with it.
Elite 5m

The HDS-5 does not, if you mount on the dash you dont need an antenna, but if you can't get good signal then you have to buy a $200 external antenna
HDS-5

For a radio I suggest the Icom F5021. I have the older model the F121. I actually bought it somewhere else and programmed it myself (I had to buy a programming cable too. You can go this route for less money, but it can be a pain.
PCI Chase Package

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the info I'm most likely gonna go with the elite 5m Baja one it seems like the best deal and I'll look into the radios not to sure if I wanna get one or not but the gps is a must have