Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that Idea, but it's sort of like the helmet factor. Everyone goes at it harder when they have a helmet on. I am working on some other prizes, but I'd rather not name the categories so people aren't going nuts trying to win stuff.

I only have 3 speeds. ******* around, cruising at 5/10th and full on 10/10ths. When the helmet is on...it is 10/10ths. I tend to overdrive my vehicles :Grenade:

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to wear my helmet, but run at 5-6 tenths. It's my daily driver I have another car to drive 10-10ths in

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aight you bastards are freaking me out now. Some of us will have a 1500mile drive home after this shindig! :D

Aahhh, come on...this ain't your first go round. You'll be fine.

Its gonna be someone like me with little experience that thinks they are in a trophy truck and hits the wrong part of the track at 90mph. lol

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Aahhh, come on...this ain't your first go round. You'll be fine.

Its gonna be someone like me with little experience that thinks they are in a trophy truck and hits the wrong part of the track at 90mph. lol

HOLD MY BEER, WATCH THIS! OUCH! Did ya get that on Video? Cough, tears, shit MY RAPTOR! AHhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hope we all survive. A few dings and broken small bits that don't keep ya fom driving home and we can all call it a great day.

BDRAG

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLD MY BEER, WATCH THIS! OUCH! Did ya get that on Video? Cough, tears, shit MY RAPTOR! AHhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hope we all survive. A few dings and broken small bits that don't keep ya fom driving home and we can all call it a great day.

BDRAG

LOL Epic.

This is why I trailer.

90 miles.AVI - YouTube

Towards the end when you see the skull and cross bones on the NAV...I was doing about 85mph when I hit. Ripped off the skid plate under the engine and smashed the ADD Stealth bumper well enough it fit properly for the first time ever. This was day 1. By the end of the run I had bent the frame sideways, bent 3 struts, bent the rear axle and trashed the alignment (all the carnage was not from that impact on the video..most of it was from catching some air sideways at 90-100mph). Finished the run, got back to Outlaw Raptor with no issues. During "******* around mode" I found out my little sister has more balls than most guys who ride with me. She only uttered "oh shit" under her breath a couple of times while I was fishtailing down a sandy road at 80mph, bouncing the truck off the berms and while doing do the bowl outside of Vegas and drifting the truck. Still not sure what scared her more..the embankment of the bowl or the donuts around the 12ft steel pole in the center of the bowl.

First run..rest of them had too much dust to vid.

pic 36.AVI - YouTube

Last guy I had in my car while I was instructing at Hallett screamed like a little girl and insisted he was going to be picking seat cushion out of his ass for a week :rofl: Sheesh. I only mowed the lawn at 90mph. Sideways. Kept in the throttle, straightened out and got back on track as usual. I told him in a nice, calm voice "Welcome to racing."

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
LOL Epic.

This is why I trailer.

HAhahaaaaaaa. I would not be screamin, I would be blastin gut air out my ass! AHhahaaaaaa. I am glad you will be trailering. I will gladly hold your beer and watch. I will be there in support mode way more than doing shit mode.

I plan on driving the track, key word driving. HAhahaaaaa. I don't mind some faster stuff but with almost ZERO off road in anything, this will be a fun but causious weekend for me.

I will help push your stuff back on the trailer if ya need help! AHhaha. Look fwd to meetin ya there, you and the rest of the gang..........

BDRAG

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Since most of the info has been lost somewhere in the 33 pages of this thread I'll start posting it back up every few pages.

When: April 13-15. Track will be open Saturday 8 AM - 10 PM, and Sunday 8 AM - 5 PM. There is a possibility it will be open Friday, depending on how long it takes to mark the track.

Where: Texana Ranch outside of Bronte Texas. If you google maps Texana Ranch it will actually come up

Cost: $100 for the weekend. $25 for a 30 amp hookup and $40 for a 50 amp. Camping is free.

What to bring: A Raptor, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, a way to secure everything in your truck. Food and beverages for the weekend. (Possibility of a BBQ cater Saturday afternoon).
Decent list of what to bring. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/texas-raptor-run-april-13-15-a-9476/index5.html#post127287

FAQ:
Q: Do I need to mod my Raptor up to make this run (Bump Stops, etc...)?
A:No, a stock Raptor can handle this course just fine, as long as you have some wits and don't drive beyond your limits and the truck's limits.

Q:I've never driven off road before, and I don't want to get nailed by a faster driver since I will be going slow.
A:We are going to break the group into skill levels, faster guys will go first and down the line, so if you're new to this you will be able to take your time and get a feel for driving off road.

Q:Will there be other vehicles or race cars on the track this weekend?
A:No, the track is completely reserved for the Raptor run.

Q: Do I need a GPS or VHF radio?
A: No, but they do come in handy. I suggest PCI Race Radios for both, they have chase radio setups with a mag mount antenna. PCI Race Radios, Inc. - Communications, Navigation, Safety Equipment

Q: Is there a registration form I need to fill out?
A: No, all forms will be filled out at the ranch.

I'll keep adding to this post as more develops, but this is what I have so far. We should have a printable flier out soon so you can tag other Raptors to try to get them to go, RPG is putting together some cool stuff as well, and there is a possibility of some other Raptor shops coming out...

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is freakin awesome. finally something close to us here in texas haha im about 85% sure ill be going just gotta put in a pass with the army. but i will let you know for sure in about a week.