Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
What the hell???? Don't an old 23 channel cobra CB work anymore for talkin? HAhahaaaa. I do actually still have a CB that has 40 channels. Do I need it? Will anyone give me their 10-20, LOCATION or a 10-32, RADIO CHECK, or the 10-36, time ? HAhahaaaa. GAWD I can't believe I remember that crap! HAhahaaaaa.

BDRAG

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell???? Don't an old 23 channel cobra CB work anymore for talkin? HAhahaaaa. I do actually still have a CB that has 40 channels. Do I need it? Will anyone give me their 10-20, LOCATION or a 10-32, RADIO CHECK, or the 10-36, time ? HAhahaaaa. GAWD I can't believe I remember that crap! HAhahaaaaa.

BDRAG

We found out really quickly with the Outlaw Raptor Runs that the CB radios are so limited in distance that it did not work. That is what we tried to use on the 1st Run.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
We found out really quickly with the Outlaw Raptor Runs that the CB radios are so limited in distance that it did not work. That is what we tried to use on the 1st Run.

Well CRAP! I will tell my 85 year old dad to stop looking for that 102 inch WHIP antenna we had on the 1972 pinto back in the day! AHhahaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well that kinda sucks cause i got a pretty nice cobra CB from my dad as well his was a cobra 29 LTS ST which is a really nice radio. hopefully it will work pretty well with the bed mounted antenna... it should have at least a 5 mile range with the antenna i wanna get hopefully it'll work just fine haha

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
well that kinda sucks cause i got a pretty nice cobra CB from my dad as well his was a cobra 29 LTS ST which is a really nice radio. hopefully it will work pretty well with the bed mounted antenna... it should have at least a 5 mile range with the antenna i wanna get hopefully it'll work just fine haha

Well I will throw mine under the seat and we can talk to each other from 100 yards away. HEY, goodbuddy, bring me a beer! HAhahaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will have mine in addition to my ham/race radio. I will have it on to jaw wid ya!

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I can't right now I'm taking a 10 400.

HAhaa. Got my tires.
BDRAG

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Now that I have some new MAY POPS on my Raptor, is there gonna be any kind of support on site for tire repair or is there a near by shop for these services? I know some of us will bust a tire or two. I know we all have the spare but if two tires are popped whats our options. Borrow and steal and return to owner down the road? HAHaa. Just a thought. I have no issue loaning out my spare to get someone home if they are not 1500 miles away. I know there are major brand dealers in San Angelo or Abiline so its not like we can't limp into one. Just would be nice if there are a few jacks and such around.

BDRAG

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Tire plug kit. There should be a llanterra somewhere nearby. I have 2 spares as well. I'd be willing to loan it out as long as it makes it home.