Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Its a great course for racing since you double back quite a bit, it gives you a chance to see if anyone is closing. its pretty hard to see anyone in the your mirrors during a race, so it comes in handy. It looks way worse on paper than it actually is...

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a good question especially for those that have done this type of offroading.

What kinda mileage do you get doing this?

How much extra gas should we plan on packing?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Here's a good question especially for those that have done this type of offroading.

What kinda mileage do you get doing this?

How much extra gas should we plan on packing?

Hard offroading I get about 6 mpg. I expect to get around 9mpg. The nearest gas station is only about 10 miles away.

I plan on bringing a few 5ers though.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Treypal. So were looking at 3 to 6 laps for scabs and 4 to 8 laps for screws roughly.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it going to be just us Raptors on the track or are we going to have to worry about being run over by Trophy trucks?

A while back he posted that he was only advertising it here. He said he is bringing some buddies with Raptors but this is the only place he is posting it.

So it should be mostly Raptors. I think somebody (SPRSNK?) said they were bringing their RZR.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could go down as the best worst idea for Raptor owners! I might need to bring a spare truck!!! :peace:

I'm bringing 4 trucks, race car, RZR, 2 trailers and Randy!

To explain: Bringing my 44' flatbed, towing it with my F350 with one Raptor, the RZR and my Terlingua for the Big Bend Open Road Race. Randy is bringing his truck with my other Raptor.

A while back he posted that he was only advertising it here. He said he is bringing some buddies with Raptors but this is the only place he is posting it.

So it should be mostly Raptors. I think somebody (SPRSNK?) said they were bringing their RZR.

RZR is a pit vehicle and to plink around with. I am bringing my PreRunner with long travel setup on it. Still street legal but should be simply amazing compared to a standard Raptor in the dirt :) Other Raptor is for going slow LOL

Last edited: