Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Here's a few questions for those of you who already have a gopro.

How long does the battery last?

Which is used up first, the battery or memory?

Does it have removable external memory or is it all internal (can I switch out memory cards or will it have to be downloaded before I can start filming again)?

Uses SD Cards and you can change out the battery as well but you will need to purchase an extra. There are many factors that change the life of the battery.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
1. Not very long, buy lots of extra batteries, get the offbrand and the car charger.
Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for GoPro AHDBT-001 and GoPro HD HERO, HERO2 Cameras: Camera & Photo

2. Battery if you have a big enough card.

3. It uses an SD card, I have 2 16gb, and I have never even filled one up with a whole day of film.

Here's a few questions for those of you who already have a gopro.

How long does the battery last?

Which is used up first, the battery or memory?

Does it have removable external memory or is it all internal (can I switch out memory cards or will it have to be downloaded before I can start filming again)?

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Embedded the vid.

I can't see the video at work but I am assuming that its the Rock and Roll "Trophy" Truck. I know they went out there this weekend.

Just a reminder, there is a race out there the first weekend in March which is a pretty cool deal to go watch, plus you can get a glimpse of the track.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uses SD Cards and you can change out the battery as well but you will need to purchase an extra. There are many factors that change the life of the battery.

1. Not very long, buy lots of extra batteries, get the offbrand and the car charger.
Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for GoPro AHDBT-001 and GoPro HD HERO, HERO2 Cameras: Camera & Photo

2. Battery if you have a big enough card.

3. It uses an SD card, I have 2 16gb, and I have never even filled one up with a whole day of film.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also buy the GoPro battery Pak..you'll get somewhere around 5-7 hours of battery life out of it...if you are lucky.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
You can also buy the GoPro battery Pak..you'll get somewhere around 5-7 hours of battery life out of it...if you are lucky.

Forgot about that guy. I have the hero 960, no bacpac for me. Fixing to get a hero2 though.

*edit for post 420* :mexsmoke:

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Man I'm glad your getting this thing together for us!

Lmao, no that would be you.

But this whole thing got started with me seeing who would be interested in a late summer/early fall Texas meet, when I plan to do a Texas road trip.

It has turned into this lol.