Sunroof leaking through roof speaker 2024 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blakejordan93

Reaction score
Not even a month old and my 24 Raptor has water coming through the passenger speaker on the roof and the headliner in that area is also wet. We just had 15+ hours of straight downpouring rain but it still should not have water coming in like this.

Tried checking myself to see if anything looked off but couldn't find a thing. I heard of a couple people saying it could be a drain tube that is not installed correctly or even an alignment of the rear glass. I just hate dealerships and really wanted to avoid going in from what I see a lot of dealerships cannot replicate their problems or they just end up "fixing it" to only have leaks happen again.

Is there anyone who had this issue that did a self-fix? I am pretty handy.

Being my 10th ford vehicle in the last 8 years. This is my first with the Pano roof and most likely will be my last.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is a perfect example why I will NEVER buy a vehicle with a moonroof.

Sorry to hear about you MY24 Raptor. I most definitely would recommend taking it to the dealer though, it’s under warranty.

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. it's the seal or the drain that's by windshield not installed correctly or clogged...

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
Just had it repaired still waiting on getting it back... I'm adding some lights to it and I'm over seas...should be back next week and keep you posted

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
I kept it indoors after the 2nd leak and would avoid keeping it outside when it was cloudy or rain would be in the forcast....

Wristdoc

Reaction score
Like this? Happened to me today on my 2024 R...happened the first time about a month ago through the up fitter switches. Thought it might be a fluke. Never had a moonroof leak before in many vehicles.

Today through the passenger side headliner speaker. :mad:

Attachments

• Sunroof leak.jpeg
    Sunroof leak.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
blakejordan93

blakejordan93

Reaction score
update- Dealer fixed it next day and got the vehicle back same day. They had a glass tech on scene that specializes in moonroof leaks and so far so good! Had a couple good downpours and dry!