Steering sensation….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
OP.

Number 1 might be the lane assist. Try turning that off.

Number 2, try lowering your tire pressures to something like 36 front/32 rear. This is for daily driving with no heavy loads and no towing.

Having a 4psi front to rear pressure differential has helped many of us.

For much of the year I run 32F/28R. I up the pressure if I have extra weight and when I tow.

Experiment to see what works for you.

Hope this helps.
Do your tires not wear quicker doing that?

I'm running at 42F/38R and yes, while sometimes the road can be rough, but on smooth well-built roads it feels fine. I have heard and read the many comments of pressuring down like you mentioned but was also worried of tire wear.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with tire wear. I rotate them every 5-6k miles.

We spend winters in Terlingua. Our roads are unpaved, rough and rocky. I replace tires before they get anywhere’s close to the wear bars.

The lower pressures work great for me, even on the pavement. I air up when carrying loads or towing. I usually do 40/40 when towing.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with tire wear. I rotate them every 5-6k miles.

We spend winters in Terlingua. Our roads are unpaved, rough and rocky. I replace tires before they get anywhere’s close to the wear bars.

The lower pressures work great for me, even on the pavement. I air up when carrying loads or towing. I usually do 40/40 when towing.
Awesome! I love terlingua and all of big bend. Too bad it’s getting so packed now a days. Years ago we would be the only ones there now it’s nuts. 2.5 hour wait at the starlight. Geez

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do your tires not wear quicker doing that?

I'm running at 42F/38R and yes, while sometimes the road can be rough, but on smooth well-built roads it feels fine. I have heard and read the many comments of pressuring down like you mentioned but was also worried of tire wear.

You're going to wear the tires out in the middle that way. Try 36F 34R when you're empty. More is needed the more weight you carry. GWVR, I run 38 all around.

OP
OP
M

marksmark

Reaction score
Well yes, it was the lane assist! Unbelievable!
My other motor is a BMW X6M and the lane departure warning is a slightly different feature that just vibrates but doesn’t interfere with the steering at all.
So glad that’s just it
Interesting reading on some of the tyre pressures.
thanks all

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I love terlingua and all of big bend. Too bad it’s getting so packed now a days. Years ago we would be the only ones there now it’s nuts. 2.5 hour wait at the starlight. Geez
Yep on the Starlight...us locals rarely go anymore.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Well yes, it was the lane assist! Unbelievable!
My other motor is a BMW X6M and the lane departure warning is a slightly different feature that just vibrates but doesn’t interfere with the steering at all.
So glad that’s just it
Interesting reading on some of the tyre pressures.
thanks all
I believe there are three settings on lane assist in the menu.

Vibration, assisted steering or both.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Set it to how you like. But you can just hit the big button on the center console area to disable, each time you start the truck.

If your lazy in a turn, the truck will take the wheel and drive you through it.