SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A question for the masses. If you already had stock HID lights and Ridged dually D2 (Amber flood and white driving), what lighting upgrade would you make before Snowball? Some ideas are 40" light bar (amber or white), 2 whelen lights in the stock bumper in the center, Vision X spot lights hood mount, amber rear markers. I am sure there are other ideas. Suggestions?

2 Whelen amber in bumper and/or the 40" bar. Hood mounts are a good option but light down lower is most helpful at times. Depends on how bad it is snowing. Forgot to add that extra rear marker lights are a great help to the person following you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say, IF you get a spot, you NEED a radio. I will also say to get the NON handheld through Jason. Its a great radio, stronger then the handheld, can be wired in so no worry of batteries dying, and he has a group buy going on right on!!!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Alex, you HAVE to come.... you have an email, just pay for your spot now.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say, IF you get a spot, you NEED a radio. I will also say to get the NON handheld through Jason. Its a great radio, stronger then the handheld, can be wired in so no worry of batteries dying, and he has a group buy going on right on!!!

For some reason, I'm expecting more partying this time around.

Don't know why.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A question for the masses. If you already had stock HID lights and Ridged dually D2 (Amber flood and white driving), what lighting upgrade would you make before Snowball? Some ideas are 40" light bar (amber or white), 2 whelen lights in the stock bumper in the center, Vision X spot lights hood mount, amber rear markers. I am sure there are other ideas. Suggestions?

Light down low will be your friend in this run. Get 4 whelens in the lower grill. You already have the amber in the edge in the bumper. If you get a winch, move two of the whelens to hood mounts. Don't forget to De-ice them every chance you get.

Rear ambers are really nice for the guy behind you. Sometimes all the guy following could see was the 3 led marker lights in the third brake light.

Ill try to make it this year
No SAS Raptors allowed, lol...

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to get the fog light kit by rigid with Dually spots and D2 driving lights ang get the amber covers. Now I just have to hopefully get in to the snoball!!