SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how much snow actually falls up north? Can't say I've seen alot of snow in my life being from Georgia and all. Only time I see snow is snowboarding trips out west. Maybe snowboard behind the raptor and bring my wake boarding rope? Could be interesting.

We had 230 inches of snow last winter in Houghton. Our average is a little over 200 inches. Highest base last winter was around 50 inches. The weekend of SnoBall last winter was one of the first real snow falls we had which is why the base wasn't that deep.

Snowfall Records | Michigan Technological University

http://www.weather.com/sports-rec/ski-conditions/six-snowiest-cities-20130105?pageno=5

There's always typically a storm the weekend before MLK because that's when students come back from winter break, and then there is usually a storm the weekend of MLK too.

This happened in about 12hrs last February. Would have been deeper if it wasn't for the 40+mph winds.

photo31snowss.jpg

photo23snowssss.jpg

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how much snow actually falls up north? Can't say I've seen alot of snow in my life being from Georgia and all. Only time I see snow is snowboarding trips out west. Maybe snowboard behind the raptor and bring my wake boarding rope? Could be interesting.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I think Wilson's bad ass flag pole would work flawlessly as a tower.

Depending on the week and weather, anywhere between 1 and 10 feet. Temps will be anywhere between 0 and -30. Snoball is Epic.

I think I saw a couple of guys from the South actually cry last year.....:yaoface2:

Day1-tohoughton5.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ you shouldn't talk about beemerman that way, lol...

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I'm still trying to talking my wife into going with me. She isn't too keen on the idea of spending "vacation" time to go play in the snow.

How many other SO's/Wives are going?

RW will be there. Mrs. Kanakry will be there. Possibly Mrs. WSI. Many others too. The Peoria and Chicago guys typically have their wives with them. Also, I hear witchy will be there too.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RW will be there. Mrs. Kanakry will be there. Possibly Mrs. WSI. Many others too. The Peoria and Chicago guys typically have their wives with them. Also, I hear witchy will be there too.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

I'm really working on convincing Debbie that we need to attend this one, but she has a severe allergy to snow. I think it's time to call in favors and have you, Nicole, and Jason use your powers of persuasion on her. :chair:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife complained about the cold but had a great time. For reference sake anything below 60 is "cold" to her most of the time so not a good point of reference lol. But, like Joe said no reason for her to get out and heated seats are great. My kids still hold a grudge that they didn't go last year. They are going to be pissed off again. The youngest never gets scared. In the Raptor she always wants to go big and asks to back up and hit jumps and mud over and over again. Especially mud, that is her favorite as everyone on the SDBR can attest.