SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We got the Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10. It says it has a built in GPS supported by Glonass.

Will the sections of maps automatically synch with each other or will I have to scroll through to a new one once we're through the fist one?

There is an option to center your position on the map. If you do this then the map will always follow you. If you touch the map to zoom in or whatever then it will take you off that setting though...

IRONMAN

Reaction score
There is an option to center your position on the map. If you do this then the map will always follow you. If you touch the map to zoom in or whatever then it will take you off that setting though...

Carl I also have the samsung tab 2 and it worked fantastic for the snoball run.
it worked better then the fish finder gps units that some people had.
Best maps I've found was under worldwide the first 2, Mapquest was great and I also like open cycle map which shows forests but they're both very simple to look at and not complicated to follow.
Like Raptorwifey said highlight a big area and download. It'll take some time to download. It took me all night and I have extremely fast Internet speed 50+
Also get a big sd card to store it.
Last year I didnt even download the maps but I downloaded the trails and I was still able to follow the trails on my tablet, you just couldnt see if an intersection was coming up.
Tablets work VERY WELL!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Carl I also have the samsung tab 2 and it worked fantastic for the snoball run.
it worked better then the fish finder gps units that some people had.
Best maps I've found was under worldwide the first 2, Mapquest was great and I also like open cycle map which shows forests but they're both very simple to look at and not complicated to follow.
Like Raptorwifey said highlight a big area and download. It'll take some time to download. It took me all night and I have extremely fast Internet speed 50+
Also get a big sd card to store it.
Last year I didnt even download the maps but I downloaded the trails and I was still able to follow the trails on my tablet, you just couldnt see if an intersection was coming up.
Tablets work VERY WELL!

Just depending if it has true GPS or the agps. I agree tablets are great..

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am using the dual electronics gxps150a universal GPS Bluetooth receiver. And My new I pad air. Have tested it around here with the motion x app. I works fine and is a dedicated GPS receiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am using the dual electronics gxps150a universal GPS Bluetooth receiver. And My new I pad air. Have tested it around here with the motion x app. I works fine and is a dedicated GPS receiver.

Same here, only the xgps160 and new iPad Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Damn you, one upped me. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I also got the trails lite app. Am gonna see which one is better.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Just loaded the google earth app. Downloaded the map. Between the 3 will see which one is better.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I also have the 160. I like the ability to connect multiple devices. Primarily to keep GPS up nonstop and have my phone display battery life and satellite connection if necessary.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All packed up!

e3yza2eh.jpg

well I can cross off the need to pack air and cooler full of beverages

Well that's real ******* encouraging. Glad I wasted the money on the tablet, Ram mounts, and Ap.

What topo overlays did you download?

Another 160 user here too, I bought the prem maps, which is accuterra single layer (they discontinued the 3 layer).