SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can't stand those nuts. I spun one out the other day and ended up having to drill it out.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warn Zeon 10-S

Should have a lifetime warranty on mechanical stuff (like a housing). Only issue will be getting it replaced in time. They might want to repair it, but I won't have time for that. I might have to buy another one & then sell the refurb.

https://www.warn.com/truck/winches/ZEON_10-S.shtml

I did get the bolt cut off, and the bumper will be on the truck. (It's sitting on the tow hooks now)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which add bumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can put a small piece of metal next to the nut to keep it from spinning?

Also, which way did you have to slot the hole? Front to back or left to right?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

I thought that too; tried something wedged in there to remove the nut, but it would slip around it, even when tapped in with a hammer.

Now the decapitated bolt is hanging out of the housing.

The hole is slotted laterally, so I don't think the mounting plate lost any integrity from my mess up. It's more elongated (oval) than slotted.

The bumper is a venom winch front.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealer, 2 new IWE actuators and 2 new hubs.
Talk about fast service.
Walked in Wednesday to this new dealer I never used before and told them my 4x4 went out.
They told me they probably wouldn't get to it till Monday morning cause they had 11 cars ahead of me and they were waiting on parts.
I was like shit I can't wait that long and told him why I needed it for the Snoball run and also might have told him that I'm in the process of looking for a new dealer to start purchasing my vehicles through.
He turned to me and said " let me see what I can do" and left to talk to someone. lol
Got back and set up and appointment for me to drop off my truck Thursday to start working on it and figure out what was wrong with it.
Picked it up Friday good as new.
Guess I found a new dealer to deal with. lol

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and this was Dorian FORD that took care of my needs FAST.
Thanks to them so I'll leave a link to them here.

Mike Dorian Ford | Ford Dealer | Clinton Township, MI

IRONMAN thanks for the dealer info I live close to Dorian Ford, also how many miles do you have on your vehicle? Just curious at what mileage the IWE and hubs were needed. Thanks and have fun at the Snowball!

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ready to roll. New shoes on
e2eqa9u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk