SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good news-had scheduled service and was told the UCA were in need of replacement time to upgrade
bad news -will have to wait until after the run

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This ADD bumper has been a royal pain in the ass.

After their winch mounting template was so far off center, I made a template & redrilled. Somehow, despite measuring everything countless times, I had 1 hole that was off. So I had to basically make it a slotted hole to get a bolt to feed through it.

Mounted lights and winch to bumper & tried to install today. The winch will not clear the frame horns from below; can't mount bumper to truck with everything on it. So I removed the skid plate again (that I had just reinstalled after applying blue lock tite to all the bolts), and went to remove the winch.

One of the captive nuts in the winch started turning - it shaved metal off the winch housing and now spins freely. I think I may have to cut the head off the bolt to get the winch back off. Then I'll still need to mount the bumper and won't have a winch to use, unless I can replace this one in the next couple days.

I'll contact Warn about the nut shaving off metal in the housing & see what I can do once I get this thing off.

(Edit: I was referring to the winch housing as the mount & corrected it)

Last edited:

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This ADD bumper has been a royal pain in the ass.

After their winch mounting template was so far off center, I made a template & redrilled. Somehow, despite measuring everything countless times, I had 1 hole that was off. So I had to basically make it a slotted hole to get a bolt to feed through it.

Mounted lights and winch to bumper & tried to install today. The winch will not clear the frame horns from below; can't mount bumper to truck with everything on it. So I removed the skid plate again (that I had just reinstalled after applying blue lock tite to all the bolts), and went to remove the winch.

One of the captive nuts in the winch started turning - it shaved metal off the winch mount and now spins freely. I think I may have to cut the head off the bolt with a torch to get the winch back off. Then I'll still need to mount the bumper and figure out how to repair the winch mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow hope you have a Buddy.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealer, 2 new IWE actuators and 2 new hubs.
Talk about fast service.
Walked in Wednesday to this new dealer I never used before and told them my 4x4 went out.
They told me they probably wouldn't get to it till Monday morning cause they had 11 cars ahead of me and they were waiting on parts.
I was like shit I can't wait that long and told him why I needed it for the Snoball run and also might have told him that I'm in the process of looking for a new dealer to start purchasing my vehicles through.
He turned to me and said " let me see what I can do" and left to talk to someone. lol
Got back and set up and appointment for me to drop off my truck Thursday to start working on it and figure out what was wrong with it.
Picked it up Friday good as new.
Guess I found a new dealer to deal with. lol

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and this was Dorian FORD that took care of my needs FAST.
Thanks to them so I'll leave a link to them here.

Mike Dorian Ford | Ford Dealer | Clinton Township, MI

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a royal pain in the ass.

One of the captive nuts in the winch started turning - it shaved metal off the winch housing and now spins freely. I think I may have to cut the head off the bolt to get the winch back off. Then I'll still need to mount the bumper and won't have a winch to use, unless I can replace this one in the next couple days.

I'll contact Warn about the nut shaving off metal in the housing & see what I can do once I get this thing off.

(Edit: I was referring to the winch housing as the mount & corrected it)[/quote]

Sorry Doc that stinks. Sounds very similar to problems I had with mine.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealer, 2 new IWE actuators and 2 new hubs.
Talk about fast service.
Walked in Wednesday to this new dealer I never used before and told them my 4x4 went out.
They told me they probably wouldn't get to it till Monday morning cause they had 11 cars ahead of me and they were waiting on parts.
I was like shit I can't wait that long and told him why I needed it for the Snoball run and also might have told him that I'm in the process of looking for a new dealer to start purchasing my vehicles through.
He turned to me and said " let me see what I can do" and left to talk to someone. lol
Got back and set up and appointment for me to drop off my truck Thursday to start working on it and figure out what was wrong with it.
Picked it up Friday good as new.
Guess I found a new dealer to deal with. lol

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and this was Dorian FORD that took care of my needs FAST.
Thanks to them so I'll leave a link to them here.

Mike Dorian Ford | Ford Dealer | Clinton Township, MI

They did it right. Normally when IWE go bad, the metal shavings get into the needle bearings of the hubs, and then you will be replacing hubs and IWE again.

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warn Zeon 10-S

Should have a lifetime warranty on mechanical stuff (like a housing). Only issue will be getting it replaced in time. They might want to repair it, but I won't have time for that. I might have to buy another one & then sell the refurb.

https://www.warn.com/truck/winches/ZEON_10-S.shtml

I did get the bolt cut off, and the bumper will be on the truck. (It's sitting on the tow hooks now)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: