Shelby Raptor Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerrew

Reaction score
i thought i would share some of the build photos of my '14 raptor I ordered and had dropped shipped to Shelby. Id like to thank Shelby for working on my truck. we got off to a slow start, but thanks to Warren, Gary, and Jeremy things are going great now. i just wanted to say thank you to them.
I am stoked to see the progress and i cant wait to see it in person soon.
If any of you guys are thinking about increasing your Raptor's performance and grin factor-then look to Shelby. The key thing about a Shelby Raptor, is it will actually GAIN value from the mods, and be collectable.
I dropped so much money on my cars and trucks over the years, with no return on investment. i know thats not why we mod our vehicles, but at least with a Shelby, it truly will hold its value.
thanks guys, and I will continue to update with news pictures as i get them.
Boomer, What is your CSM number if you don't mind. I'm #38

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Shelby propaganda for you!

guys ive got several cars that have over $150k in mods to each one of them. and none of them will ever bring close to what i have totally invested into them.
i am not saying a Shelby Raptor is an investment.
but trust me, if you have 2 raptors for sale, one has a supercharger etc,
and another is a documented Shelby with Ford endorsment, yes the shelby will be worth more and be more desirable. i agree the performance etc between the two isnt any different, but a serialized, documented Shelby will sell all day every day over any other that isnt.
that being said, i just want something to be done when i get it. The Shelby will be warrantied and its backed by a solid world reknown company. so there is some comfort and value in that too.
plus how many other places out there will Ford allow a vehicle to be dropped shipped to them, and they are fully endorsed by Ford?

bikerrew

Reaction score
im not sure but il find out for you. i put my deposit down in October. ill post up when i find out.

Thanks Boomer. Just trying to find out where I stand in line to get started. I verified mine got to Shelby yesterday 2/13.
Ray

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
guys ive got several cars that have over $150k in mods to each one of them. and none of them will ever bring close to what i have totally invested into them.
i am not saying a Shelby Raptor is an investment.
but trust me, if you have 2 raptors for sale, one has a supercharger etc,
and another is a documented Shelby with Ford endorsment, yes the shelby will be worth more and be more desirable. i agree the performance etc between the two isnt any different, but a serialized, documented Shelby will sell all day every day over any other that isnt.
that being said, i just want something to be done when i get it. The Shelby will be warrantied and its backed by a solid world reknown company. so there is some comfort and value in that too.
plus how many other places out there will Ford allow a vehicle to be dropped shipped to them, and they are fully endorsed by Ford?

So you're saying if two people have identical Raptors then:

Raptor 1 - Stock
Let's say it sold for $55,000 not including tax, etc.

Raptor 2 - "Shelby-ized"
Let's say it sold for $55,000 plus another what, $25,000 for mods = $80,000

So yes, I agree with you, the "Shelby-ized" Raptor will sell for more. :emotions133:

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the price of those KR Shelbys?
How about the price of 07-09 Super Snakes?
While it may hold a marginal value over stock, I don't see it as being "investment worthy"

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying if two people have identical Raptors then:

Raptor 1 - Stock
Let's say it sold for $55,000 not including tax, etc.

Raptor 2 - "Shelby-ized"
Let's say it sold for $55,000 plus another what, $25,000 for mods = $80,000

So yes, I agree with you, the "Shelby-ized" Raptor will sell for more. :emotions133:

no you missed my point.
what i am saying is IF you are going to mod your Raptor to the extremes of supercharger, etc. to both trucks;
lets say have $20,000 extra in them.
the Shelby would to a dealer, broker or any one in the business of buying and selling cars, be worth more than one built by some lesser known tuner.
Shelbys build does add some equatity to the truck that you are not going to get by doing it yourself or otherwise.
i own a powersports dealership. if a customer brings me a GSXR to trade in and he put a bunch of extras on it, its still just worth what a gsxr is worth to the bank loaning the money.
but if its a Yoshimura built special edition GSXR, then its going to sell for more, and be worth more.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no you missed my point.
what i am saying is IF you are going to mod your Raptor to the extremes of supercharger, etc. to both trucks;
lets say have $20,000 extra in them.
the Shelby would to a dealer, broker or any one in the business of buying and selling cars, be worth more than one built by some lesser known tuner.
Shelbys build does add some equatity to the truck that you are not going to get by doing it yourself or otherwise.
i own a powersports dealership. if a customer brings me a GSXR to trade in and he put a bunch of extras on it, its still just worth what a gsxr is worth to the bank loaning the money.
but if its a Yoshimura built special edition GSXR, then its going to sell for more, and be worth more.

I do not agree---one could have one of the best in the business that builds off road trucks use best of breed components and get much more performance for less money. Shelby charges a premium for stickers and a dead mans name.

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the price of those KR Shelbys?
How about the price of 07-09 Super Snakes?
While it may hold a marginal value over stock, I don't see it as being "investment worthy"

read my post. i said they are NOT an investment. but the ROI on mods done to a raptor will be able to be retained if its a Ford endorsed product. there is a book value assigned to a Shelby that isnt going to be on a stock one with mods.
i guess you are referring to these KR's looks like they are bringing way more than a stock mustang. looks pretty damn good to me
Shelby GT500KR for Sale | Hemmings Motor News

the point im trying to make is, if im going to dump a bunch of money into my raptor, at least ill get some of it back years down the road if its a shelby.