Shelby Raptor Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its based off a stock GT500 platform which was in the $50's price wise from Ford.
Regardless, I understand exactly what your saying.
And I agree with you! You should be able to sell it for a little more than a standard Raptor.
Looking forward to the final pictures, she is going to be a fun (more) truck!

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm not gonna dump on your build thread but I think people are getting caught up with the way you tried to describe the value of your truck; the word "investment" and the use of other financial terminology was probably a faux pas (no offense).

Should have just said you "spent more" so it should "sell for more" later on down the road, ya know? :)

Besides, the few Yoshimura edition Suzuki GSX-Rs I have seen sitting in dealerships with huge mark-ups are still parked in the showrooms (at least around my parts). $15K+ before tax/title/license for a 750cc that can be had for $10K? No thanks! It reminds of certain Ford dealers who tack on ridiculous ADMs onto the price of a Raptor...

Anyways, you're truck and mod list is nice, enjoy it & keep updating the build as you go along. :)

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm not gonna dump on your build thread but I think people are getting caught up with the way you tried to describe the value of your truck; the word "investment" and the use of other financial terminology was probably a faux pas (no offense).

Should have just said you "spent more" so it should "sell for more" later on down the road, ya know? :)

Besides, the few Yoshimura edition Suzuki GSX-Rs I have seen sitting in dealerships with huge mark-ups are still parked in the showrooms (at least around my parts). $15K+ before tax/title/license for a 750cc that can be had for $10K? No thanks! It reminds of certain Ford dealers who tack on ridiculous ADMs onto the price of a Raptor...

Anyways, you're truck and mod list is nice, enjoy it & keep updating the build as you go along. :)

if you read then reread my post that is exactly what i said. no offense man but if your signature is any indication of your first hand experience with high end toys, then ill take your opinon with a grain of salt. and MI is a not a good example of what sells in collectable motorcycles. dealers up there struggle, so there goes your analogy on that example as well. you can twist my examples any way you want, im tired of explaining my self to people who dont or wont make the investment of modifications like some of us have.
its just like when i try to explain to people why i road race motorcycles:
"if you have to keep explaining it, they are never going to get it any way, so why try"

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are just a couple of updates. the Blower is on. a bunch more photos should come next week.
i think im going to install a single blade throttle body on it.
(ironically enough i actually make them for Dodge Vipers and they are very similar to the Fords)

Attachments

• 20140213_073431.jpg
    20140213_073431.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20140213_073442.jpg
    20140213_073442.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The countdown is on!
How much longer?

probably a few more weeks. waiting on ADD bumpers to arrive.
here are some more photos i received.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 68

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you read then reread my post that is exactly what i said. no offense man but if your signature is any indication of your first hand experience with high end toys, then ill take your opinon with a grain of salt. and MI is a not a good example of what sells in collectable motorcycles. dealers up there struggle, so there goes your analogy on that example as well. you can twist my examples any way you want, im tired of explaining my self to people who dont or wont make the investment of modifications like some of us have.
"if you have to keep explaining it, they are never going to get it any way, so why try"

Like this:
7a69962e.jpg
or this:
USOWarp72.jpg

Jezzzzzzz don't go there....

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you read then reread my post that is exactly what i said.

Well you sure did a poor job of conveying that point or went back to make edits because others were quick to call you out on it, no?

no offense man but if your signature is any indication of your first hand experience with high end toys, then ill take your opinon with a grain of salt.

So you can afford expensive high end toys? Congrats, you win. You are mistaken if you thought that the past and present vehicles in my sig were "high end."

and MI is a not a good example of what sells in collectable motorcycles. dealers up there struggle, so there goes your analogy on that example as well.

There's plenty of motorcycle registrations in MI including all sorts of "collectable" cruisers, sportbikes, custom builds, one-offs, etc.

Additionally, your Yoshimura "built" Suzuki GSX-R "special edition" is nothing more than a few cosmetic upgrades/bling and has nothing in the way of power upgrades (or am I mistaken?).
See here: https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-NP_13_LimitedEdition_GSXR.aspx

You're the one that threw the Yoshi Suzuki out there first as an example and I simply remarked on how dealers tacked on a ADM (similar to Ford dealerships doing that with Raptors or other SVT products).

Why would a customer pay X amount of more dollars for a Yoshi Suzuki compared to a regular model GSX-R? Yeah, it's serialized - big deal. Just like every other SVT product.

you can twist my examples any way you want, im tired of explaining my self to people who dont or wont make the investment of modifications like some of us have.

There's no twisting going on here, you just got upset that people called you out on the values of trucks/cars/bikes/etc.

Oh you road race? Sorry, I didn't know I was responding to Valentino Rossi. :)

Again, enjoy your new Shelby Raptor - it's certainly a nice truck. Carry on with your build, I'm sure we'll just have to agree to disagree...