Shelby Raptor Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you sure did a poor job of conveying that point or went back to make edits because others were quick to call you out on it, no?

So you can afford expensive high end toys? Congrats, you win. You are mistaken if you thought that the past and present vehicles in my sig were "high end."

There's plenty of motorcycle registrations in MI including all sorts of "collectable" cruisers, sportbikes, custom builds, one-offs, etc.

Additionally, your Yoshimura "built" Suzuki GSX-R "special edition" is nothing more than a few cosmetic upgrades/bling and has nothing in the way of power upgrades (or am I mistaken?).
See here: https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-NP_13_LimitedEdition_GSXR.aspx

You're the one that threw the Yoshi Suzuki out there first as an example and I simply remarked on how dealers tacked on a ADM (similar to Ford dealerships doing that with Raptors or other SVT products).

Why would a customer pay X amount of more dollars for a Yoshi Suzuki compared to a regular model GSX-R? Yeah, it's serialized - big deal. Just like every other SVT product.

There's no twisting going on here, you just got upset that people called you out on the values of trucks/cars/bikes/etc.

Oh you road race? Sorry, I didn't know I was responding to Valentino Rossi. :)

Again, enjoy your new Shelby Raptor - it's certainly a nice truck. Carry on with your build, I'm sure we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Im sure we all agree that you a ****** bag. if you add up all of those POS cars and bikes you had it wouldnt pay for the mods to my raptor. maybe that's the anomosity problem we have here. you have never really owned anything of serious value that you had to choose how to spend your money on mods to decide longtime if you could recoup any of your investment back.
i didnt edit anything .
keep twisting up my words to try and bolster your pathetic agenda. MI btw is one of THE WORST states for motorcycle sales-refer to MIC reports if you still cant get your head around that proven fact. look at Black Book value for a Yosh GSXR vs a stock GSXR and you will see the yosh is worth way more. it doenst matter if YOU dont care for the YOSH, to the people that do want it, its worth more.
same thing for a mustang or a Shelby edition Mustang. the Shelby will bring more. Shelby is registered within NADA.
once again youre wrong.
and really who gives a shit? i was just using an exmaple of stock VS collectable appreciated value.
ive been a dealer for 20 years, Im pretty sure i know what im talking about, even though you own a honda civic and we know that makes you an instant authority.
no dude, im not Rossi, but why are you so quick to try and dicredit someone or something you know absolutely NOTHING about.
id say winning formula 1 and superbike championships in WERA and having qaulified for an AMA raodraces and finishing in the top 15 at the pro level makes me a better rider than most average guys.

so go get in your fart box honda and let me know when you can hang with the big boys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What will they be doing for rims and tires?

hey bud ive got a set of billet beadlock Pro Am wheels from my last raptor. i had them polished out and then i painted the backsides black. ive got a set of true 35's bfg's.
id like to get a set of Generals but i dont know how they would ride?

bikerrew

Reaction score
Hey Boomer,
I really appreciate your pics. Looking forward to seeing pics of my race red truck and yours feeds the need till then.
Ray

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey bud ive got a set of billet beadlock Pro Am wheels from my last raptor. i had them polished out and then i painted the backsides black. ive got a set of true 35's bfg's.
id like to get a set of Generals but i dont know how they would ride?

Now your talking!

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it looks like Shelby is about done with it. they are waiting on ADD to deliver the bumpers. once i get it home i can install my lights, my Pro Am beadlocks, and a custom ADD roll bar, then its stereo install time. fiberglass door panels, with 10" subs in each door 3" in the upper door and 4-!0's in the rear.

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 115
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a video of my truck on Shelby's dyno, but it says its wont load here.
i really appreciate how they have been working hard for me. With a conservative tune and the 2000+ feet of elevation, it made 475+hp at the tires. i live at sea level and with some break in time it should be over 500 here at home. plus i dont think they took past the 99 mile cutoff so i need to get that tuned out so it can rev higher
it sounds pretty good i think. thank you Shelby!

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Boomer! Any way you can post that video to YouTube then link it in this thread. I would love to see that thing run! I opted for Livernois with my supercharger/exhaust upgrades, but Shelby was a close second. I will actually be running a very similar setup to yours. Would be cool to see dyno sheets side by side. When will you take delivery?