Serious questions for those who are convinced that an Ecoboost replacement is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get all the crying over the Raptor not having a V8. The "Shelby" F-150 is a mean looking lifted truck with a 700hp supercharged V8. If you cannot live without a V8, go buy that thing.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Ford said that they are redesigning the 5.0, to 4.8L with active fuel management. One thing is for sure, Ford will sell all the Raptors they make regardless of engine.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get all the crying over the Raptor not having a V8. The "Shelby" F-150 is a mean looking lifted truck with a 700hp supercharged V8. If you cannot live without a V8, go buy that thing.

In reality, people ARE flocking to the Roush SC F150. The 2017 ecoboost Raptor alienated many buyers, so they are getting what they can in a V8 with off-road package. I have seen many Roush trucks driving around now - only have seen 2 17 Raptors here. I know they are not selling well in my area.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>> only have seen 2, 17 Raptors here. I know they are not selling well in my area. <<<<

saw one parked, and another tried to catch up to me on 101 . not many g2's around the bay.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In reality, people ARE flocking to the Roush SC F150. The 2017 ecoboost Raptor alienated many buyers, so they are getting what they can in a V8 with off-road package. I have seen many Roush trucks driving around now - only have seen 2 17 Raptors here. I know they are not selling well in my area.

You continue to devolve into an alternate reality of your own making, not shared by other humans. Your mental illness is taking you farther and farther away from actual reality. You need to get psychiatric help immediately before you slide further into this fantasy of your own making.
Ecoboost is the most popular engine in Ford’s inventory and this version of the Raptor is on pace to out sell the previous iterations. Numbers of Roush trucks are way lower than Raptors. I am sure that the 2017 Raptors are not selling well in your area, which is a carefully constructed fantasy existing only in your mind. What do you call this fantasyland? v8ville? cuckoos nest? cracker barrel? nut bin? looney tune land? crazy town?

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sasquatach77, if you want to make a shit load of money, my Ford Dealer has 3 17 Roush SC F150's they would love for you to sell. If you need more then I know where you can get 7 more in my area. Also if your dealership is looking to sell all of there Raptors my dealer is looking! Now if you love Roush so much then u go get you one and get the Hell off of FRF, and join a Roush one! Lol! Man you need to get some help, you do know that you can get help for free?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

With only a 9 month production run the 2017 G2 outsold every year of the G1. But yeah, other than that no one wants one.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With only a 9 month production run the 2017 G2 outsold every year of the G1. But yeah, other than that no one wants one.

Part of that is because they built more than those previous years. When I ordered my 2014 I was on a long waiting list as they were getting ready to axe the Raptor for a few years in preparation of the G2. There were a lot of people that never made it off the waiting list so it's hard to say what the numbers could have been. I'm guessing the 2018 numbers climb even higher though.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Part of that is because they built more than those previous years. When I ordered my 2014 I was on a long waiting list as they were getting ready to axe the Raptor for a few years in preparation of the G2. There were a lot of people that never made it off the waiting list so it's hard to say what the numbers could have been. I'm guessing the 2018 numbers climb even higher though.

That probably goes for all years of Raptor production. Dealers are getting $20k ADM's on 2017s because there are not enough trucks to fill the demand. Ford probably figures there is demand for 100k trucks and 25k/yr will allow them to sellout a 4 year run. But that means shortages in the early years.