Serious questions for those who are convinced that an Ecoboost replacement is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well........ for once i think i might be able to control my urges. My 14 has 73,000 miles on it and usually by now i can't stand the truck im in and cant wait to get in something fresh. But... i still love my 14 and it drives ike new. Ive got aftermarket springs front and back , fresh tires , new windshield , rebuilt shocks on the way and had the drivers seat foam redone anr it literally feels as good as new. Im going to drive it another year and see what comes , who knows maybe that new gas moter in a SD will be interesting .

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So sad. An angry basement dwelling loser who can't let go.

Tell me this, what other websites do you frequent? You've got a lot of anger and I'm curious to know where else you're posting your bile.

He doesn't frequent ford-trucks.com anymore. They gave him the perma-ban a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the mods here don't mod anymore.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if there was a better alternative to this Raptor Forum, i'd probably jump ship. This forums is either not making any money or making too much money. The forum needs hope of growing and making bigger profits and then maybe they'd do a better job of moderating some of this crap. Though, I am somewhat entertained when any new owner makes their first post and it's immediately followed up with Sasquatch77 telling them to not mod the car, drill a hole in it, and buy an extended warranty, or sell it and buy a Gen 1.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really?! What mode was it in - the factory "Best MPG mode" or did you try it in Sport Mode?

Have you driven the truck with a Pedal Commander in it? Tell me about "little laggy" then please!

Another genius at work

Why so aggressive? I clearly said in the following post it sport mode made a big difference. Just that in that idle-2200 rpm dead spot of the GEN2 (in regular mode) the V8 was easier to drive in regular commuting conditions. I have a GEN2 on order and I'm not here to bash it. Simply stating my opinion after driving both around town.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Why so aggressive? I clearly said in the following post it sport mode made a big difference. Just that in that idle-2200 rpm dead spot of the GEN2 (in regular mode) the V8 was easier to drive in regular commuting conditions. I have a GEN2 on order and I'm not here to bash it. Simply stating my opinion after driving both around town.

I will go a little further and suggest that the “normal” mode that the truck defaults to is downright dangerous. Unless you absolutely floor it from a low speed, it just lazily tries to boost it’s way to a faster speed like a pudgy recruit 8 miles in on a 12 mile march with full gear. I’ve observed this numerous times in normal mode at any speed above 40mph, you try to gas around some slow mover or keep some cell yakking bmw driver from cutting over and you get nothing but disappointment. Sport mode is sometimes a little too much for just hopping around though, and aggressively holds rpms no matter what.

I’ve had normal mode downshifts take over 1.5 seconds to complete from throttle input, to actual acceleration. If the truck has forced its way into 8-10th gear, it seems to have to downshift in a long, sort of “2 step “process.

The pedal commander is a good workaround, forcing boost earlier and downshifts earlier, but I still have just adopted sport mode as my go to, unless I’m specifically doing nothing but speed limit or under duty ( like driving the outer banks in touron season ).

now, when it’s responsive, and not being hobbled by programming, the truck moves out sharply. Like a buck private running desperately to make formation, where the punishment for missing or being late is latrine duty for a week. Pedal Commander is like lighting said buck private’s BDU’s on fire just prior to calling formation, but, the more aggressive you get with P/C, the more binary your throttle becomes, and it’s less traffic / off road friendly.