Second thought on color choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RdR2027

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked hard at SG when I ordered my 24 but went with white instead. My neighbor has a SG Mustang and after seeing it I'm kinda sorry I didn't get SG.

bossracer78

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a shelter green raptor and over time like it less ? I like shelter green just not 100% sure on it .
I bought it because it was on the showroom floor. I have owned so many black vehicles, I can't count them. On the showroom floor, it almost looked black. On a cloudy day, it looks very dark. However, its got a lot of gold flake in it, so on a sunny day, it really pops.

So far, I had nothing but positive feedback on the color. Kinda over the top feedback.

I don't regret getting the color. I think it is an "awesome" color. I word a hate to use.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Farmers want John Deere green to match their tractor. The LGBTQADXYZ folks want bright shiner colors or rainbows to match their hair. The Democrats want right blue to match their donkey and to show support for their LGBTQADXYz buddies. The republicans want white because they want resale value and they’re racist. JK The offroaders want desert tan or close so they don’t have to wash it.
So, Ford not wanting to offend anyone, uses colors no one likes and sells them as fast as they make them.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally ordered a SG but once people started posting pictures I opted for Avalanche. It looked like bass boat green in images. I will say that the color is WAY better in person. I had one behind me a few weeks ago and it looked mean with that pearlescent green/brown.

Im still glad I went Avalanche because Im OCD about having a clean car. SG and other dark colored vehicles aint for me. I had a 2023 Agate Black Raptor and it drove me crazy. There is good dirty (offroading, mud, etc) and ugly dirty (leaving it out in the weather, road scum, etc).

CKRaptor7

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a shelter green raptor and over time like it less ? I like shelter green just not 100% sure on it .
If it’s of any help to you, Carbonized Gray looks awesome on the Raptor, especially the R. Pictures don’t do it justice, and in my opinion, just like antimatter blue, it just doesn’t look that great in the regular F150. But on the Raptor, and in-person, what a color.