GEN 2 Rumor: No more leaf springs in 2021 !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can one identify a '19 body? I thought the body was the same since '17.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, if they put a V8 in that thing I'm going to be so tempted...of course, the $80,000 price tag might help curb the enthusiasm.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also heard the bump stops are a magnetic technology that as the compression reaches the bump stop the opposite force keeps it from slamming home and bending the frame...

Patent that reverse magnetism bump stop. Great idea and simple. Takes some high amps though...

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it, unless they do it on the regular F150. That said, the Ranger Raptor uses a Watts linkage, so it could be that they saw that, or the Raptor will be a special case and get it.

Vendors wouldn't be too thrilled I don't expect since that would mostly eradicate the point of buying springs.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a MY22, no doubt about it. However, don't expect a V8 option. Raptor's have always been a chassis focused vehicle which means Ford is most likely going away from a leaf spring setup. It makes sense to have spend R&D time and money on the Raptor to develop the rear setup and then carry it over to other future BOF vehicles. My 2¢