Rolled my brand new raptor :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
man oh man, that had to been scary. Glad you and everyone in the truck was ok.

You said you were sliding, looks like the truck was in 2 hi? Did you have the locker on or in offroad mode?

Also, just wondering, how did you get the truck out.

Keep us posted on the truck and the hunt.

Later,
Joe

OP
OP
jeeper

jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, my passenger and I are really lucky to be ok. Built Ford Tough for sure. I was in 4hi, offroad mode, and rear locked...none of it made a difference, it just took off on me. I feel like the tires arnt the best.

As for the smile, what else can you do in that situation? haha no sense in crying over spilt milk!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be sick glad all is good.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

ya them stocker tires suck in the slush

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daaammmnnnnn!!!! So glad to hear everyone came out OK. That's got to be the fifth or sixth report I've heard of one of these trucks rolling and coming out far better than expected. I was a little hesitant to go back to the F-150 because the 97-02 trucks were notorious for collapsing in rollover accidents. There are a couple YouTube videos of a Raptor that rolled during a desert outing and was then driven home by the owner.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Says a lot about the toughness of the Raptor! Glad everyone is ok! That's the most important part!!

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daaammmnnnnn!!!! So glad to hear everyone came out OK. That's got to be the fifth or sixth report I've heard of one of these trucks rolling and coming out far better than expected. I was a little hesitant to go back to the F-150 because the 97-02 trucks were notorious for collapsing in rollover accidents. There are a couple YouTube videos of a Raptor that rolled during a desert outing and was then driven home by the owner.

One of the little known facts about the Raptor is that while it is a F150, it does not have the same internal framework in the cab as a normal F150. The Raptor has additional bracing beneath the sheet metal cab. Ford does not have extra cabs for the Raptor for sale (price is like 6900.00 but they will not pull a cab from the production line to sell someone a Raptor cab for a roll over). That extra support bracing is why the Raptor does so well in a roll over.

Yes, we all know I rolled my truck. Flipped back onto 4 wheels, removed the windshield, fenders and hood, then drove it off. That goes to show the quality of build Outlaw Raptor has in their parts, fabrication and installs. I also just completed the Land Rush 1000 with the truck with minimal repairs done to the truck.

Last edited:

RAPTURR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your okay.
After having mine for only 11 hours I had to go outside and sit in her. I had to tell her that I will never do that to her.......I think she knows I was lying.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the Tim Hortons cup sitting on the bank I knew this had to be a Canadian truck, well that and all the snow. Glad everyone is safe, nice Beadlocks by the way.
More pictures would be nice.