Rolled my brand new raptor :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems some people are buying your line but I don't fully believe you intended to tell people about the true severity of your accident. In the thread here and the thread there someone had to call you out before you would post about the history. I would think after being called out here you would have known better before you stepped out with other threads elsewhere. I don't think you need to lead off with rolled raptor, but the nature of the accident merits that it be posted in the original ad. At the very least you need to understand that you approached your advertisement wrong.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems some people are buying your line but I don't fully believe you intended to tell people about the true severity of your accident. In the thread here and the thread there someone had to call you out before you would post about the history. I would think after being called out here you would have known better before you stepped out with other threads elsewhere. I don't think you need to lead off with rolled raptor, but the nature of the accident merits that it be posted in the original ad. At the very least you need to understand that you approached your advertisement wrong.

Well said...

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
jeeper, I say keep your raptor, you already paid for it, you've already crashed it, you can't get the difference in value back, and you're just downgrading going to a tacoma, nobody cares if your truck is scratched, you'll still be a fellow raptor owner, and from what you've already experienced, you'll be better off in another offroad accident in the raptor

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's shady as **** to list a vehicle for this kinda money and not include it was in an accident (and a roll over on top of that) in the original listing.

I'd put something like this within the first paragraph,

"Due to an unfortunate incident, in-turn, it presented me with an opportunity to build the custom raptor you see here, 100% good as new and then some bla bla bla bla..."

It gives the possible buyer some info upfront so they have a idea and won't feel scammed, but it shifts from the negative history and ends with all the positive attributes.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking at buying a Ford GT over the last year, and 95% of the ones I have gone through the trouble of researching I found there was an accident history attached but not "initially" disclosed. I think what really is going on here is an assumption that the seller is intending a cover up, but until the checkbook comes out, thats not the case, so I'll give the benefit of doubt to him. I think the quandary lies in placing an ad that is strictly a case of personal choice. For instance, if I buy a Ford GT that has a salvage title that was stated in the original ad, I have to deal with everyone on the GT forum knowing I have a salvage GT, and as a buyer I would rather be the only one that knows that to be the case. Its not that I would be a poser for owning a salvage title, its that it is no ones business but mine if I make that purchase. To me, its only shady if someone calls him and says they will take it, and at that point doesnt get the info in question.

Milhouse

Reaction score
It's a shame that ALL taco owners or ALL raptor owners are getting thrown into the same pile on either forum.

Last weekend I went trail running in my Raptor with my brother in his Tacoma and a few of his friends that he met over on the Tacoma forums. They were great guys, and fun was had by all.