Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you are not fully understanding the V8 issue here. Look up the term "Ringy Dingy Motor" on this forum. You will see posts from me when I called it correctly and said I would never buy another Raptor until Ford did go back to a V8.

One other thing the Gen II and Gen III are not SVT vehicles. Wonder if the Raptor R will be a SVT?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is the SVT was dissolved in 2015. It was replaced with “Ford Performance”. Therefore the Raptor R will not be SVT.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is the SVT was dissolved in 2015. It was replaced with “Ford Performance”. Therefore the Raptor R will not be SVT.
It was replaced in name only. Ford in another of it's infamous cost cutting measures gutted the entire group. Doubt it will ever come back especially with the end of the ICE in the going forward plan.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
What’s sad is how many Raptor owners are buying TRX’s because of Ford’s refusal to give the majority of us Raptor guys a V8, RAM seems to be filling that need though.

I would bet that half (or more) of TRX buyers are coming out of Raptors. If you were responsible for Raptor development, how would you feel/react?
I would probably tender my resignation then commit seppuku for being so asleep at the switch

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Just so we are all clear here.......Ford did announce they will be producing a Raptor R with a V8. I'm not really sure what is being discussed here. You got what you wanted, do you want some cheese with your whine??
IMO they should’ve squeezed another 50hp/tq out of the ecoboost and offered a v8 option out of the gate. They have the 5.0. Then they could release the R with the gt500 motor.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO they should’ve squeezed another 50hp/tq out of the ecoboost and offered a v8 option out of the gate. They have the 5.0. Then they could release the R with the gt500 motor.
5.0 is too weak in the power dept for that. I agree that an extra 50hp just for the sake of marketing it with an even 500hp would have been a much better move.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you in the a@@ on the way out! LOL For every one buying a TRX there are 3 new willing to step up and buy the Raptor.
You know this how? And besides, I simply asked what you would do in the shoes of a Ford exec in charge of the Gen 3 Raptor, not for you to warn me about the door hitting me in the a$s if/when I make the switch to a TRX.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford sells way more raptors than ram does trxs ( common sense ) no need for spreadsheets. Ford made the segment now ram is trying to catch up.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What’s sad is how many Raptor owners are buying TRX’s because of Ford’s refusal to give the majority of us Raptor guys a V8, RAM seems to be filling that need though.

I would bet that half (or more) of TRX buyers are coming out of Raptors. If you were responsible for Raptor development, how would you feel/react?

You may be right about 1/2 the buyers, but, I would counter that a bigger reason is that up until recently, you could not even buy a NEW Raptor.

Like many, I've had mine for 3 years and would like to buy a new one, but they are just dribbling in from the factory. I briefly considered a TRX as a place holder for a year, but I drive too much to take the MPG hit. I will sit it out until production is back to normal and grab a Raptor.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Ford sells way more raptors than ram does trxs ( common sense ) no need for spreadsheets. Ford made the segment now ram is trying to catch up.
Um… is this a serious statement? Yes there are more raptors, the trx just started being in customer hands in January.

Yes, Ford made the segment. Ram just ate its lunch and now they are playing catchup.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um… is this a serious statement? Yes there are more raptors, the trx just started being in customer hands in January.

Yes, Ford made the segment. Ram just ate its lunch and now they are playing catchup.
Arguing with you is very exhausting. Enjoy your TuRdX. We get it you think ram is amazing. I don’t and never will. For the love of god Please go back over to the trx forums and talk trash about raptors! please! We do not give a rats a** about a wide body Ram Rebel. NEVER WILL I OWN A RAM OR DODGE PERIOD :snoopfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.