Review Of China 2x2 Cubes & 30" Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the cubes installed today. Turned them on and boom...they sent me the wrong ones. I asked for the flood lights and they sent me the spot lights. Contacted the seller through Ebay but have yet to hear from them.

I mounted them off of the rearmost leafspring shackles. Not that thrilled with that mounting spot either as too much of the beam is blocked by the factory bumper. All in all....it was a waste of my time thus far!

- Travis

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chinese cubes mounted MotuMute style.

ysere2ug.jpg

yrepe3uj.jpg

Still haven't aimed them or anything. Will do that tonight.

m trying to mount mine the same way MiloX did, and according to this thread he tapped into the rear tail lights...Does anyone know where to splice the wires in at the rear of the truck but still be able to use the 4th aux switch? Im a total newb at electrical wiring.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a link to that birdman write up?

The one benefit of grounding to the hood ground strap or to the engine bay, rather than the latch, is while it may not seem like you'd need the light for anything with the hood open, it's actually an EXCELLENT engine bay light at night. With the 30" on with the hood open, enough reflects off the grille that it lights up the whole engine bay perfectly.

That LED cover is only for the small ones right? No luck for one for a 30" or 40" bar?

On another note, I got my 40" Blackhawk in today. First impression I was PISSED! The box was IDENTICAL to the 30" one I got from ebay. The light looked identical, the wiring looked identical, but the price was over double at $550 shipped instead of about $225. But after I went out to my truck and compared it to the ebay 30", my anger subsided lol. The heat sync fins on the 40" Blackhawk are textured to increase surface area and cooling, the ebay one is smooth. The Blackhawk one has hardware on the front casing, the ebay one looks like it's more snapped together or something. The Blackhawk one has beefier wire insulation, the ebay one had more of a hollow insulation around the pair of wires. And looking into the LEDs, the Blackhawk one has square chips, the ebay one has round dots, so at least I know the blackhawk isn't just a re-shipped ebay one, it is better quality. And I know the 40" has 33% more light capability being 33% bigger than a 30", but it really did blow the 30" out of the water in comparison. The 30" made a HUGE difference over the headlights, but man oh man the 40" just takes it over the top daylight lol. Some of that may be beam pattern though, the 30" illuminates more area up close, the 40" illuminates more area far away. They both serve a distinct purpose which is good, it's not just redundant light.

All that said, I'd still buy another ebay 30" in a heartbeat for the price, and if I had known about them before I ordered my 40" Blackhawk, I would have bought the 40" ebay one too. I may actually buy an ebay 20" one to mount on my trailer for backing up.

Do you have a link for the 30 and 40 in china lights?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
m trying to mount mine the same way MiloX did, and according to this thread he tapped into the rear tail lights...Does anyone know where to splice the wires in at the rear of the truck but still be able to use the 4th aux switch? Im a total newb at electrical wiring.

You don't do much off roading do you?

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get these from? PM me if you'd rather not say in the thread.

Here is another place that sells these at very decent price and are in US too:
Rover Store, Inc. - Home page

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Do you have a link for the 30 and 40 in china lights?

Pay $550.00 for a 30: LED bar??? Whau...!!! Woudl never do that. So many other options there at so much less...! But hey - it's your money.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just cant leave it alone can you?
Its honestly pretty pathetic. Makes you look like a damn 20yr old spoiled little kid.

-Corey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't worry, he must have went ahead and replaced all non-American made products on his raptor so as not to be a hypocrite .

I think it's just the rigid fanboi speaking out.