Remote start sequence anomaly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerlies

Reaction score
This is happening more and more often. So, I figured I would ask around. After vehicle has been sitting for say 8 hours, the remote start sequence is not working as expected. I push the lock button and then I push the remote start button 2 times. The vehicle does not start. I proceed to start the process over and after pushing only the lock button the truck starts. (there is no way we have been to the moon) When the vehicle has only been sitting for a short time the process is the normal. This only happens when been parked for a while. Any ideas on a at home fix.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Have you tried the second remote to see if it can be reproduced?

2. Is there anything plugged in that might put the truck into battery saver mode, like a flashlight plugged in or something that the truck might interpret as a battery drain and go into battery saver mode? You would think the first lock button push would wake it up, but I am just throwing things out there.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like some module isnt waking up the first time around..

my truck does this occasionally but not consistently.

OP
OP
P

Powerlies

Reaction score
I will try the second remote tomorrow. At work now. I did not think of that. Thank you.

Nothing plugged in.

In the past the ford app has worked. I will try it today at the end of the workday. 9 hours of being parked.

This was happening every so often, but now it is 4 days in row. I think I remember that I can go into the center display and turn remote start on and off. Maybe it’s like my phone. LOL. Thank you for the help.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Your battery isn't charged correctly. Try the BMS reset and make sure the battery is good. It doesn't matter how old/new it is.

OP
OP
P

Powerlies

Reaction score
Just an update. I tried locking the doors with the fob that is having issues. The truck did not lock. I walked over to the truck and it recognized the fob and the parking lights came on and the truck locked. You cant make this up! LOL. I have tested the battery after driving it 40 minutes, health of battery is 100% and charge of battery is 12.51 volts (seems low).Tried the 2nd remote and it performs perfectly. Put new battery in remote that is having trouble. Going to try it today and tomorrow morning. Today going to retest battery after another 40 minute drive home and see what reading it has (just curious I guess). Depending on the outcome of new battery in fob, I will make a decision on if I want to reset the BMS. Does anybody know of a negative to resetting the BMS? Also driving into work this morning I watched my voltage gauge and it read 13.0 volts. That seems low also. I wonder if the BMS has somehow gotten the idea that the battery doesn't need to charge at a higher rate. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah the BMS determines the charge rate, so you must reset it so it will start anew. It sounds like that remote battery, or the hardware itself may be the issue genesis.

OP
OP
P

Powerlies

Reaction score
The new battery in fob worked for awhile. I reset the BMS. Fob worked again till this afternoon. I didn't know how new the "new" battery was. So I purchased one today with a best by 2033. Will try tomorrow and find out. I'm just giving an update, seems to be alot of remote issues. It is definitely a first use of fob after sitting for hours. Deep sleep issue.