Remote start from App not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues trying to remote start the truck using the app?

I never had a problem before but all this week the truck will not start using the app. It will start using the key fob though. Any ideas of what to check?

tone228

Reaction score
Try uninstalling a reinstalling the app, or logging out and logging back into the app.
Also possible the app or your phone OS might need an update.

OP
OP
RaptorJoe331

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just get an update installed overnight which updated the Vehicle Communication. The app states "A technical adjustment improves the way your vehicle receives and transmits software, resulting in a more dependable update experience."
Maybe this could be related to what is happening, I have no idea.

If the update didn't fix anything, I will try to uninstall the app, log out and see if it updates and fixes it. I tried everything else so far.
I drive the truck about 40 minutes everyday, so I'm not sure if it would be in battery saver mode or not.

OP
OP
RaptorJoe331

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried re-installing the app and sign out/ sign in. Still no luck

I cant lock/unlock or start the truck from the app but the fuel, tire pressures and milage are all updated, so it is communicating with the app on some level

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 to 20 mins. That seems to be a common fix for some comm issues members experience.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a problem with your Telematics Control Module (TCM). My app stopped working on my '23R as well and the dealer diagnosed it to the TCM. They replaced it and all is good now.

R,
HAP