Recall for powertrain control module and trailer module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osprey6

Reaction score
From experience how long did these recalls take? Called dealer today and was told 2-3 days for each one. I asked about a loaner car and they said….dont get one but we will drop you off at home. Called another dealer and they said a few hours. Big difference 3 days and 3 hours. I am shocked no loaner….

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trailer module is just a software revision. Shouldnt take more than 3 hours. Not sure what Control module your referring to though. Some folks with regualr F150 actually had the Trailer module updated OTA.

RaptorTX

Reaction score
I had 2 recalls done, believe it was the trailer and transmission recalls from a few months ago, and they reprogrammed my truck in my driveway in about 1.5 hours. My dealership has a mobile service division.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 2 recalls done, believe it was the trailer and transmission recalls from a few months ago, and they reprogrammed my truck in my driveway in about 1.5 hours. My dealership has a mobile service division.
Say what now…a mobile service division…what dealer is this?

RaptorTX

Reaction score
Say what now…a mobile service division…what dealer is this?
McRee Ford. They are not able to do all diagnostics like the service department at the dealership can and I don’t think they can do tire rotations. But oil changes and quick recall/TSB that can be done in the field makes it extremely convenient to not leave home and wait for hours at the dealership.

JMann

Reaction score
I just spoke to Ford dealer (in TeXmas) on this recall mess involving the drivetrain and they just told me that there is a backlog of the critical parts needed to complete the job. Oh, and the turnaround time is looking to be anywhere between 2-4 months! I mean seriously people… like I can just do without my ride for 4 months! I love my Raptor tremendously but I am suffering from a little buyers remorse right about now.

Nate222

Reaction score
10 minutes off the lot in my new 2024 Ford Raptor, I got a shift fault and a powertrain malfunction with a lit wrench. I took it back and they have had it over a week. They did give me an older beat-up gen 1 Raptor to drive while I wait. After dropping almost 90k you would think things would last longer than 10 min.