Really want 37" tires, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
No thanks CQBRR I don't have that fear, because I never intend to do such a thing. I have said through several posts my intentions and jumping is for sure out of the question.... :)

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
I thought i would update this after 1000miles on the tires. The tires are great. They are quiet and ride really nice. I had to air the stock bfg tires up to 50 when towing so they ride would feel right. With the nittos i tried that and the ride was almost scary. I think it is due to the size of the tire and a ballon like feeling. I found that 40 psi is just about perfect with these. I have no wondering or floating feeling and even did some mild off roading with no rubbing issues. I do have a rub when turning the wheel about mid way and hitting a steep driveway at speed. Nothing big but i plan to track it down and update when i find it. If you are contemplating 37s and mid perch with little off roading (ie more for the looks) then this exact set up works great.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happy to hear your setup passed the 1000 mile test without issue. Your new tires look great and are working for how you use your rig, props to you for getting it done! Just got 4.88's in mine and going to run down today to Redmond to pick up a buddy who is buying another truck of mine. Trying to rack up some easy brake in miles, only got 60 miles on the setup so far but I am really liking it.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought i would update this after 1000miles on the tires. The tires are great. They are quiet and ride really nice. I had to air the stock bfg tires up to 50 when towing so they ride would feel right. With the nittos i tried that and the ride was almost scary. I think it is due to the size of the tire and a ballon like feeling. I found that 40 psi is just about perfect with these. I have no wondering or floating feeling and even did some mild off roading with no rubbing issues. I do have a rub when turning the wheel about mid way and hitting a steep driveway at speed. Nothing big but i plan to track it down and update when i find it. If you are contemplating 37s and mid perch with little off roading (ie more for the looks) then this exact set up works great.

Off road you are going to really screw up your truck. You need to do some big time trimming. Rookies like this telling people that everything is good to go will end costing someone money...

DO NOT ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS---hard lesson from 25 years ago!!!!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Boss, two sentences down from what you highlighted, he qualifies his statement by saying this will work for someone doing "little offroading" so street queen basically. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy who is bottoming out the shocks and stuffing his tires. So I don't see a problem with his advice.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss, two sentences down from what you highlighted, he qualifies his statement by saying this will work for someone doing "little offroading" so street queen basically. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy who is bottoming out the shocks and stuffing his tires. So I don't see a problem with his advice.

Sorry but the statement I made is 100% correct. "Little" is a very subjective term.. Ivan Stewart would have a different definition than say you would..

Been there done that too many times with the rub thing.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear your setup passed the 1000 mile test without issue. Your new tires look great and are working for how you use your rig, props to you for getting it done! Just got 4.88's in mine and going to run down today to Redmond to pick up a buddy who is buying another truck of mine. Trying to rack up some easy brake in miles, only got 60 miles on the setup so far but I am really liking it.

Did you do the front dif too? 4wd won't engage unless the front and rear are matching. I learned the hard way.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but the statement I made is 100% correct. "Little" is a very subjective term.. Ivan Stewart would have a different definition than say you would..

Been there done that too many times with the rub thing.

Boss I've see heavy offroading done on 37s with cut stock fenders (bstoner) and it worked fine. Definitely some cutting but it turned out fine.