Really want 37" tires, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss Hoss, I would appreciate a little more information then end of story period, good luck or what ever sarcastic remark you would like to provide. Also I using the stock rims so exactly why would my tires stick out any further and strip my paint to the metal? I realize there will be rubbing, I never said I would not trim anything and am fully ready to do so. What I would like to know is how your middle perch w/stock rims and 37" tires what ever brand you have worked out for you? or have you never run this set up, because the initial post clearly defines what I am looking to do and the responses I would like to receive. You say be prepared for parts to ripped off? What parts are those exactly? the engine or maybe both control arms will go flying off as soon as I turn the wheel. See I can be sarcastic too instead of helpful. I don't want this thread to turn into a pissing match, so if you could be less vague and more discriptive, I would appreciate it....

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

On a side note I stopped by Dicount tire today and the staff is really great. They are going to mount up the front tires and let me see what I think. They have the 35's in stock so if looks like a no go I can just buy them. I also talked with the very helpful crews at RPG and Outlaw Raptor. RPG says a lot of trimming and mid perch should do the trick. Outlaw Raptor says top perch only and a lot trimming. They both were talking about keeping the off road capability of the truck intact however, so I think I have some room to play with.

To be somewhat frank--have answered this several times the search function is your friend. On mid -- forget about it---do the due diligence and take it to someone who knows what the hell they are doing. RPG knows what they are talking about--we did mine (trimming that is). There is no free lunch but RPG knows. I run 37-18x13.50 Falkens currently.

Do as you wish but I have almost 55k on top perch with no issues and more off road miles than most.

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
I did the mid perch on Monday (not that hard really) and then trimmed the pinch seam. I am getting the tires put on wednesday and will be sure to update when i am finished. I hear you Boss, but I did several searches and found nothing on the exact set up I want to run. I want stock wheels, mid perch with 37x12.50.17's. I could not find anything and that is why i posted. Hopefully everything works out.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Steele 16 what color is your Raptor? I see a blue one parked next to the river all the time...

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Got them! I went with the Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50x17 on stock rims and paid $1650 out the door with Discounts full tire warranty. First impression was damn that is a great look for the raptor. Second impression was they are not as big as I thought they would be. I drove it to my work about 65 miles from the tire dealer and I will give a few pros and cons of the expierence so far.

Pros:
They give the truck a whole new look and in a great way.
They are really quiet on the freeway no matter the speed.
See number one again
Lock to lock on the steering and under normal driving conditions no rub what so ever. I did flex it on a curb about 8 inches high and no rub lock to lock.

Cons:
I had some rubbing on the very inside corner of the flare at all times. the guys at discount removed that corner and now no rub.
The tires clear the upper control arms, but just barely clear the brake lines that run along the side of the control arms. Will look at relocating for peace of mind.
Off the line I notice a slight difference in power, but passing speed (think 50-70) there was no difference.

Overall I love the way they look. Remember that for me off raoding is not going to happen with the wifes messed up neck so this works out great for my situation. I would never attempt to jump, but I would not be afraid to travel at moderate speed through a rough road. Will take some pics when I get home and try to flex it out around my property to see where some issues might crop up....

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome follow through!! Now all we need are pics!!
What is the true height of the 37' trail graps? And surprise you reported they were quite as that was the numero uno complaint that I read about them.