Really want 37" tires, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea you should be good man sorry if what I was sayin was confusing you. You'll be good with the nittos cause the toyos are a little over an inch wider than the nittos I was just giving you something to compare them to. But like G&P said I have a larger bearing on my UCA's that's why they stick out more than the stock ones and that's part of the reason why they were rubbing

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
SVTDon do you think the Method rims had something to do with it? Is the zero offset the same as stock rims? Also was the rubbing on the UCA, pinch weld, firewall or all of the above? Thanks again to everyone posting I am really learning a lot...

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I am also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. Nice looking tire. Looked up the specs but can't find the actual width. anyone have expierence with these ove rthe Nitto's?

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVTDon do you think the Method rims had something to do with it? Is the zero offset the same as stock rims? Also was the rubbing on the UCA, pinch weld, firewall or all of the above? Thanks again to everyone posting I am really learning a lot...

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I am also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. Nice looking tire. Looked up the specs but can't find the actual width. anyone have expierence with these ove rthe Nitto's?

I believe offset is the same as the stock on the rims. The rubbing is the back side of fender wall nothing else. I know that if you find someone good. I think you have the cams adjusted out a little to help with rubbing with steering wheel tuned. Rpg does this when adjusting for 37's. You then might rub still depending on how much your wheel is compressed and how far the cams was adjusted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One more thing, I read E63's post all the way through and it looks like no 37" spare? Is that correct?

Actually e63 does run a 37" spare underneath. I had a nice view while trailing him in Death Valley. He took the air out and used a ratchet strap to collapse it enough to stuff it into the stock location. I believe it was covered in his thread. It's a bit long so you probably missed it.

As far as rubbing, I would believe you can trim down the fender liner, do the pinch welds, and pound down the corner of the inner wheel well to eliminate most rubbing. The real damage to your fenders comes from bottoming out your suspension and hitting the upper lip. Since you won't be doing much off roading I wouldn't worry. If you rub, just cut more and pound back the inner wheel well more.

For tires, I would look at BFG's and Falken wild peaks. They are the closest to being a true 12.5" wide tire.

I'm throwing on some 37" wildpeaks when I get home (ups just dropped them off) and will be towing my 5500lb travel trailer 550 miles to Pismo and back this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Well I just ordered the Nitto's! Will be in on Monday next week and installed on Wednesday. Thanks for all of the information that everyone has provided. I will be sure to post pics and let you all know how it goes (or doesn't) Now I just have to figure out a way to tell the wife these tires are only 1" taller then the stock tires, when the truck will be sitting 4-5" taller :dogpile:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock wheels are a 34mm offset so they'll sit in more than the methods on a 0 offset. The 34mm offset will make the tire sit closer to the inside so closer to the UCA so you might wanna get a set of methods! It sticks out a little more so you'll have more room on the inside of the tire

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without some serious cutting there will be rub issues no question period end of story. When the wheel is turned and the suspension is articulated in to partial or full compression with the wheel turned get ready to lose some rubber and other various parts. I run the 37’s and they are not even the aggressive side lugs and they are whisker close and mine is on the top perch and has had a lot of cutting done. Good luck.

Have had mine JUST BARELY touch in suspension compression during a turn at the ranch--nothing was damaged but it was compounded by the fact that I was going down hill and turning.

With tires sticking out past the fender flairs get ready to lose a lot of paint due to debris thrown up.

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
Boss Hoss, I would appreciate a little more information then end of story period, good luck or what ever sarcastic remark you would like to provide. Also I using the stock rims so exactly why would my tires stick out any further and strip my paint to the metal? I realize there will be rubbing, I never said I would not trim anything and am fully ready to do so. What I would like to know is how your middle perch w/stock rims and 37" tires what ever brand you have worked out for you? or have you never run this set up, because the initial post clearly defines what I am looking to do and the responses I would like to receive. You say be prepared for parts to ripped off? What parts are those exactly? the engine or maybe both control arms will go flying off as soon as I turn the wheel. See I can be sarcastic too instead of helpful. I don't want this thread to turn into a pissing match, so if you could be less vague and more discriptive, I would appreciate it....

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

On a side note I stopped by Dicount tire today and the staff is really great. They are going to mount up the front tires and let me see what I think. They have the 35's in stock so if looks like a no go I can just buy them. I also talked with the very helpful crews at RPG and Outlaw Raptor. RPG says a lot of trimming and mid perch should do the trick. Outlaw Raptor says top perch only and a lot trimming. They both were talking about keeping the off road capability of the truck intact however, so I think I have some room to play with.

OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
I hear you Macman. I am not going top perch. I will go with 35's before I do that. Have you run 37's at all? If so what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs