Real pics of 2013 sporting HIDs and Beadlocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking to swap '10-'12 headlights for the new HID's I guarantee it wont be fun. The chance that the plugs will match is pretty much zero. For one the ballasts would require some hefty wiring for the startup load. If Ford was smart they would also add leveling sensors to accommodate for a load and adjust the beam angle (standard in every vehicle I've seem with OEM HID projectors) which means even more wiring to adapt. I'm not sure if the leveling is required though. The 2013's should also have spray nozzles for the headlights since I'm sure they are required on HID's as well, not that spray nozzles will particularly matter to anyone who swaps old headlights for the new projectors.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two questions:
1) Did Ford drop a color when it added the "camo" color. Molten orange was dropped when racing red was added. I believe the ingot silver was an addition.
2) I have no experience with bead locks. Are they suitable for most driving situations? Highway miles, and in town?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Ford Raptor Redefines Factory Off-Road Truck with Exclusive New Beadlock Wheels, High... -- DEARBORN, Mich., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

To quote from this press release: "Raptor's wheels are unique because converting from conventional rim to beadlock only requires that customers unbolt the standard outer decorative ring, dismount the tire from its regular position and then remount the tire in the lock-enabled position with the available beadlock ring kit from Ford Racing.
This marks the first application of a wheel that has both conventional and beadlock-mounting abilities – a solution so innovative that Ford has filed for a patent on the system."

After market beadlocks are not DOT rated, so technically they aren't legal, (kind of like BFG projects) but I have never seen any of my buddies get cited for it. However, I doubt Ford would sell something not rated.....

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did not own one already I would be all over this like a fat kid over candy, but since my 2011 is essentially still a new truck I will be keeping her and continue to mod her until she is the perfect truck

You really can't go wrong with any year of these magnificent trucks they are and will continue to be the best off the show room floor truck on the market:waytogo:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting those beadlocks!

I know the Ford pic is orthopedic(whatever), but did anyone else notice in that rear view pic that the rear bumper seems substantially higher off the ground? Seems tighter to the body. Actually looking at it closer its definitely taller. When i look at the back of my truck i can see about 50-60% of the surface of the tire, this one you can see more.

Your on top perch. Raising the front will lower the rear on the opposite side of the fulcrum i.e. your back tires.

Think Seesaw

vT_2FEBfbsmlPl4k4H89PtTzJHD5Q1LMPmErHS4Myb3VRhXXjw.png

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I did not own one already I would be all over this like a fat kid over candy, but since my 2011 is essentially still a new truck I will be keeping her and continue to mod her until she is the perfect truck

You really can't go wrong with any year of these magnificent trucks they are and will continue to be the best off the show room floor truck on the market:waytogo:

I agree, the only thing so far that has been introduced past the 2011's is the Torsen front diff and maybe, MAYBE the new HIDs (Nothing a set of Ducati' lights wont cure.

I'd rather have a set of Methods and I'd rather build the rest of my truck as i want.

And don;t take this as a bash, the 2013 is badass and if i had a 2010, i'd probably be knocking on Randy's door right now...lol. But i just broke 15K miles, it's still a pup!

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to burst the whole picture thing bubble, but this picture is a photoshop special. Here is the 2012 picture from Ford. It is my desktop pic at home...

Reminds me of the 2010-2012 Ford Photoshoped Official Pics:
Like in 2010 when they just turned on the lights and made the weather look bad:
2010-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-photo-295246-s-520x318.jpg

2010-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-photo-295249-s-520x318.jpg

2011 Silver Crew cab on mountainside:
2011-Ford-Raptor-SVT-Gray-Above-Front-Side.jpg

And the same pic as a 2012:
2012-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-004.jpg

And the Easy photoshop showing the hood graphic:
2011:
2011-Ford-Raptor-SVT-Gray-Above-Front-View.jpg

And as a 2012:
2012-ford-svt-raptor-11_653.jpg

Or the Blue SCab that was on the 2010 F150 Sales Brochure Cover:
2010f150cover.png

And then 'shopped' as a 2012:
2012-ford-svt-raptor-9_653.jpg

Point being Ford photoshops and reuses A LOT!

coolidge

Reaction score
Love the HID's they look badass! The new color reminds me of cat litter :thumbsdown: Man I would have been all over a medium earth tone green, guess its black or race red.

A 2013 Raptor WILL be ordered!!

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the HID's they look badass! The new color reminds me of cat litter :thumbsdown: Man I would have been all over a medium earth tone green, guess its black or race red.

A 2013 Raptor WILL be ordered!!

I am not 100% that the color in the pics is the official "Terrain" color or just a product of photoshop filtering done by Ford to make the image appear darker and more sinister.
The original version of that photo is of a Ignot Silver Raptor.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which is why I didn't post those ones, lol. I also thought they looked distorted.

Also, when (and why) did Ford get rid of the Raptor's unique third brake light???

I have seen that reverse light on a couple of 2012 Raptors before although my 12 has the other which I like better.
Not a big fan of the styling on these rims for a new truck. I like the HID's too bad they are not Xenon.