Real pics of 2013 sporting HIDs and Beadlocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen that reverse light on a couple of 2012 Raptors before although my 12 has the other which I like better.
Not a big fan of the styling on these rims for a new truck. I like the HID's too bad they are not Xenon.

They're HID. Thats what you want

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset to have my '11, at all, as the only real practical thing the '12 had was cooled seats, but now I found a Ford dealer that swears they can do it for around 1200.00, so Ima be getting that.

Don't like the wheels....don't need anything else it has, but if I didn't own one, I would be getting the new tan color if it is the US Army desert color...but still can't find a decent friggin picture of it...Ford pulled the same ******** with the green Boss last year. Just saw one two weeks ago finally.

Kruat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen that reverse light on a couple of 2012 Raptors before although my 12 has the other which I like better.
Not a big fan of the styling on these rims for a new truck. I like the HID's too bad they are not Xenon.

Xenon is the same as hid.

Kinda glad I decided to pay down some more bills instead of buying a 2012. I'd like to see some better pics of the new color. I wish molten orange was still available.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 looks good. Like the HID, but I dislike the wheels. But when will the ordering banks open and when will it be released?

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those looking to swap '10-'12 headlights for the new HID's I guarantee it wont be fun. The chance that the plugs will match is pretty much zero. For one the ballasts would require some hefty wiring for the startup load. If Ford was smart they would also add leveling sensors to accommodate for a load and adjust the beam angle (standard in every vehicle I've seem with OEM HID projectors) which means even more wiring to adapt. I'm not sure if the leveling is required though. The 2013's should also have spray nozzles for the headlights since I'm sure they are required on HID's as well, not that spray nozzles will particularly matter to anyone who swaps old headlights for the new projectors.

Coming from retrofitting, as long as they bolt up is all that matters. I don't care for fords OEM ballasts as much as the OEM Lexus ballasts. My last Phillips bulbs lasted 3 years and the Denso ballasts were at full brightness in literally seconds, count 1...2.. And I had those for 2 years without any issues. I drove with my lights during the day as well. All I need is wiring kit that fits my 12' model bulb sockets and that's a wrap. Im sure if they have leveling sensors on them, then all I'll need to do is feed an ignition power wire seperately to the lights to level out when ignition is turned on. Just theory as of now though.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset to have my '11, at all, as the only real practical thing the '12 had was cooled seats, but now I found a Ford dealer that swears they can do it for around 1200.00, so Ima be getting that.

Don't like the wheels....don't need anything else it has, but if I didn't own one, I would be getting the new tan color if it is the US Army desert color...but still can't find a decent friggin picture of it...Ford pulled the same ******** with the green Boss last year. Just saw one two weeks ago finally.

I am very interested in the Cool seat modification, please let me know if you get this done I would love it in my 2011:waytogo: