Real pics of 2013 sporting HIDs and Beadlocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
meh. The only thing I found interesting was this: Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 291 (50 members and 241 guests)

lol. It was 425 viewing about 30 min. ago. I had to look at it twice to believe my eyes.

craigcoram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called mike@riverside to try and get me/us the prices so we can get a group buy going with the headlights or a group buy price but he isn't showing these Projector hid in FX4 trim neither for 13' yet. He told me to give him a call in a couple weeks. Ill just be getting the headlight assembly and imma order the Denso ballasts that come OEM in the Lexus LS cars. Warm up time on my last ones were literally 2 seconds.

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

Im with you on this. Im guessing the FX4 and Raptor lights are going to be the same - the red FX4 pic looked more grey but the Raptor pic looks more black - but Im gonna say that was all Photoshop doing that.

Im going to go with the Ford OE Osram ballasts like the Flex and Explorer use. Im gonna guess D3S will be the bulbs. Im definitely using all OE products though - I dont care how good those Morimoto products are but I just dont trust them.

Im gonna guess the headlight assys will wholesale in the $500 - $550 range ea + bulbs, ballasts and wiring.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll probably still get my headlights from Ducati (maybe he can even jazz these newer ones up a bit!). I like the new rims, but I'm not a huge offroader so they'd be just for show mostly. The thing I'd like on my 2012 is the backup sensors. Be pretty handy even with the backup cam.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting those beadlocks!

I know the Ford pic is orthopedic(whatever), but did anyone else notice in that rear view pic that the rear bumper seems substantially higher off the ground? Seems tighter to the body. Actually looking at it closer its definitely taller. When i look at the back of my truck i can see about 50-60% of the surface of the tire, this one you can see more.

Last edited:

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Dash Z, did a complete write up on these in my build on the Z

DSC02429.jpg
DSC02299.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I am getting those beadlocks!

I know the Ford pic is orthopedic(whatever), but did anyone else notice in that rear view pic that the rear bumper seems substantially higher off the ground? Seems tighter to the body

I think it is the same. Look at the hitch and compare to spare tire - same

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Dash Z, did a complete write up on these in my build on the Z

DSC02429.jpg
DSC02299.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I think it is the same. Look at the hitch and compare to spare tire - same

I am sticking with it .... I am staring at my truck and that pic at the same time, the bed look tighter. Like i previously mentioned I can see 50-60% of the surface of my tire, on that pic you can see at least 75% of the tire. Even the arches seem higher on the bed

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of this wheel design, its way too retro 70's racer for me.. i hope it's an option. I think I am going to go with a 2012!

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two questions:
1) Did Ford drop a color when it added the "camo" color. Molten orange was dropped when racing red was added. I believe the ingot silver was an addition.
2) I have no experience with bead locks. Are they suitable for most driving situations? Highway miles, and in town?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I'd like to hear more on those wheels... so they have a "decorative ring" and then an actual REAL locking ring, you can change? That article needs more clarification...

Ford Raptor Redefines Factory Off-Road Truck with Exclusive New Beadlock Wheels, High... -- DEARBORN, Mich., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

To quote from this press release: "Raptor's wheels are unique because converting from conventional rim to beadlock only requires that customers unbolt the standard outer decorative ring, dismount the tire from its regular position and then remount the tire in the lock-enabled position with the available beadlock ring kit from Ford Racing.
This marks the first application of a wheel that has both conventional and beadlock-mounting abilities – a solution so innovative that Ford has filed for a patent on the system."