Raptor vs. Culvert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White fog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving slowly through a field with tall grass when I feel a sudden drop, then a sudden stop. Culvert won. My dad said to "go that way" bad idea...
What would you do? Insurance? Fix it myself? Different bumper? I'm too depressed to think straight!

Attachments

• IMG_6111.jpeg
    IMG_6111.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6112.jpeg
    IMG_6112.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6113.jpeg
    IMG_6113.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 176

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Looks like truck did pretty good. I’d buy a new custom front bumper and call it good. If it goes on the insurance it shows on a car fax which I definitely wouldn’t want. Nice story and the truck is now officially broken in.

OP
OP
White fog

White fog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't know if it'd be that easy. The grill has a crack and the piece between the grill and bumper needs to be replaced also. Sensors also.

aFallenTree

Reaction score
I’d see if you can get the parts first before deciding. Could have some long back orders and a body shop would hold onto it for weeks and weeks.

Replacing those parts is doable without any special tools. If any sensors need to be vin specific then the dealer can just add them for a diagnostic fee.

nelsonr103

Reaction score
I just replaced mine with an ADD stealth fighter bumper and would be way cheaper than replacing with OEM which I found out was about $5k depending on what's involved.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id be worried about something being tweaked in there. All those little brackets lining up....etc. If it is as simple as a new aftermarket bumper that would be pretty awesome. Id take it to someone who will keep it off carfax, but give you an idea if there is 10K worth of messed up stuff back there.

Reaction score
Id be worried about something being tweaked in there. All those little brackets lining up....etc. If it is as simple as a new aftermarket bumper that would be pretty awesome. Id take it to someone who will keep it off carfax, but give you an idea if there is 10K worth of messed up stuff back there.
This was my initial thought as well. A blunt stop like that could throw things out of place.

OP, I hope everything lines up perfectly and its a quick and (relatively) cheap fix.