GEN 1 No crank no lights on dash p0219 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
starter relay? also when its not cranking, have someone try to start and meter the wires at the starter. that will rule out starter relay/wires. then if there is power, then its the starter

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I had a 2007 F-150 that would not crank, and I think they replaced the gear selection switch. Truck didn't think it was in park and would not crank.
Have been heavily debating this has been the issue… going by what WNCHSTR is saying though, I don’t have any dash lights left on and my battery isn’t draining. Unless it’s the entire shifter gone bad, I’m not sure it’s that.

Kind of thinking I might have a bad bcm or pcm? With 225,000 on the truck im guessing that is possibly the issue? It would make sense after all because a bad bcm can cause the starter to not engage at all. At times I also get random codes that pop up and don’t come back after I erase them..

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
starter relay? also when its not cranking, have someone try to start and meter the wires at the starter. that will rule out starter relay/wires. then if there is power, then its the starter
The starter was brand new as of this past December, but I never bothered checking the relay. Will have to do that next.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The starter was brand new as of this past December, but I never bothered checking the relay. Will have to do that next.
Have you pulled DTCs using ForScan when the concern occurs? If it’s a PCM starter control or PATs issue it should have DTCs setting.

If there are no DTCs, use ForScan to access PCM Datalogger and check the TR PID. Verify it matches the gear selection when placed in Park or Neutral.

If the PID matches, next access BCM Datalogger and check the IGN_SW_STATE PID. Verify it shows “Start” with the key in the Start position.

If that all checks out, you’re likely down to a relay or wiring issue.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Have you pulled DTCs using ForScan when the concern occurs? If it’s a PCM starter control or PATs issue it should have DTCs setting.

If there are no DTCs, use ForScan to access PCM Datalogger and check the TR PID. Verify it matches the gear selection when placed in Park or Neutral.

If the PID matches, next access BCM Datalogger and check the IGN_SW_STATE PID. Verify it shows “Start” with the key in the Start position.

If that all checks out, you’re likely down to a relay or wiring issue.
Just heard from the dealership. They said there was a blown PCM fuse. It oddly wasn’t blown when I was doing the fuse 27 relocate. They said that if that doesn’t solve the issue then I most likely will need a new ignition key slot. Hoping it’s a simple blown fuse so that I don’t have to spend hundreds on a new key slot, just gotta find where it shorted out for now though..