Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I picked up my truck, my salesman included an invoice and at the very bottom it shows the dealer holdback amount they made on my sale. I will scan it and post it when I get a chance.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer holdback helps cover the cost of the vehicle while its on the lot. It pays for interest, overhead etc. The longer a vehicle remains unsold, the more it eats into dealer hold back. So with these trucks being customer ordered, the dealer ends up with 100 % of the holdback as profit. Enables them to give us a better deal, and still make money. It's a win win.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what the hell are we talking about

Dealer Holdback ranges anywhere from 1-3% of the vehicle's MSRP. This is an amount that the dealer receives from the manufacturer (in this case Ford) for being one of their retailers. The purpose of holdback is to cover taxes, interest, and other costs of having a vehicle sit on the lot.

With a custom ordered vehicle, the dealer receives 100% of the holdback because the vehicle never sits on the lot before it's sold. So, if someone orders a Raptor for $55,000 MSRP, the dealership automatically receives $1100 (2% of $55,000) just for ordering and selling the vehicle. Since they're already making $1100, they can give us a deeper discount.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's more than $1100. Dealer holdback on my truck was $1560 and my truck was not 55k.

RaptorDORA.jpg

Dealer Holdback ranges anywhere from 1-3% of the vehicle's MSRP. This is an amount that the dealer receives from the manufacturer (in this case Ford) for being one of their retailers. The purpose of holdback is to cover taxes, interest, and other costs of having a vehicle sit on the lot.

With a custom ordered vehicle, the dealer receives 100% of the holdback because the vehicle never sits on the lot before it's sold. So, if someone orders a Raptor for $55,000 MSRP, the dealership automatically receives $1100 (2% of $55,000) just for ordering and selling the vehicle. Since they're already making $1100, they can give us a deeper discount.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my point was every situation is different. so do your home work or just pay. nothing wrong with letting a dealer ship make some money but they don't need to make it hurt. Watertown ford is one that dose not make it hurt. you have to look at serves also if you have never had a good relation ship with a dealer than by all means buy from the cheapest one but sometimes that extra $100 bucks pays for that extra time on the phone to ford for getting you that warranty stuff like that. you can get caught up in the sport of saving sometimes it's just not worth it. maybe this should just be a recommendation to what dealer you would stake your name on.
I will for www.watertownfordchrysler.com can any of you say that about your dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs