Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep 3,694 for base model and 5,533 for the works. that is difference in msrp and invoice. like busa said invoice is different at all dealers that is what I was getting at the national is what your seeing on truecar and the likes.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok Wyo, in Wilson's preferred lingo $4,098 off MSRP, which in my case just so happens to be is $500 over invoice at the dealer I am purchasing from as previously stated.:hat:
OSP

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and at watertown ford you buy at invoice or under but I'm not sure what they would call it. well they call it best price the price you see is what they sell it for and it's always under msrp.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting how what is percieved as the same may not be.... on my DORA it is dealer invoice and retail catagories, Retail = MSRP??
I do know that, as busa noted they get them under with take backs and such...

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Invoice = the cost of the vehicle to the dealer. All dealers pay the same invoice price for like equipped vehicles.
MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. This is the price on the window sticker.
Holdback = the incentive for the dealer to sell the vehicle. Think of it as a coupon the dealer gets for selling a unit. On subsequent orders, Ford will credit the holdback after the dealer has sold the vehicle. Sell 100 vehicles, you get 100 holdbacks towards future purchases.

I have seen the invoice and Sticket for my puschase from Louisburg. They are selling me the truck for $50 over invoice. My loaded SuperCrew will be right at $50k including $123.12 for fuel, $796 ADV, and $995 D&D. ($50,142.12 to be exact).

My Window sticker states $54,555 (includes D&D, but not ADV or fuel).

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers make money from something called dealer holdback. Dealer holdback is roughly 1400-1600 per truck. Invoice is a known number. Anything above invoice is extra. A dealer selling raptor at MSRP makes roughly 5-6k per truck.

Invoice is what the dealer buys the cars at. If they sell it 50 dollars over invoice they don't even make ***** to pay the salesmen.
I think they are blowing smoke up your ass by telling you that. Truecar is not invoice it's the price most dealers are selling for. You should never have to pay over msrp unless you want it that bad.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's simple.

MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested RETAIL Price. It's retail.

Invoice = wholesale. The wholesale price, or invoice, is the same anywhere in the country, assuming the same truck, options, etc.

Holdback is as described above. Like a coupon for the dealership. Invoice pricing is not changed.